Chapter 47

Allaura Aislinn

"Sit on down." Gabriel says pulling out the chair from his desk. "Get her some water." He calls out to Caspian and I hear the door open and shut close.

"Wanna explain what happened?" Gabriel asks pulling a chair out and sitting next to me.

"I'm not really sure." I still feel confused, I can still feel her laugh echoing in my bones. "I was standing in the throne room and the second I blinked, I was following a guard."

A guard. I killed one of her men. Oh no.

"Dad." I look up at him, fear shining in my eyes. "I messed up dad."

My anger got the best of me. I didn't even think to check if there were any other fucking guards. I assumed there was one, and I got distracted when we found my friends. Damn it. Damn it.

"Explain what happened."

"The cave. When we went to the cave, one of Diona's guards were there. I didn't fucking think, I just killed him and didn't check for anyone else because we then found everyone else. I didn't look around or check for anymore guards, I should have known he wouldn't be alone." I bare my teeth. "I ran after the guard in my vision, all the way up and into her throne room. He told her he saw me, that he saw all of us. She knows where I am, she knows i'm here with you. Diona sent the guard to his death, and through my vision, she felt me. She knew I was watching, she looked directly where I was and said she sensed me."

I put my palms to my head and press them against my eyes.

"Thank you." I hear my father say and take my hand, placing a cold cup of water onto it.

I didn't even hear the door open.

I take a sip of the water.

focus. No distractions.

I take a bigger sip.

Eyes and ears open. Focus. No distractions.

I finish the water and slam it on the desk.

"You know you're safe here. Diona wouldn't try to come into my kingdom." Gabriel says and squeezes my shoulder.

"I know." I tell him. "But not all of us are here."

"What do you mean?"

"Katlynne is still out there."

Caspian curses from somewhere behind me and I clench my jaw. Why couldn't she be here.

"Why would Diona take her hostage when she killed everyone else?" Gabriel asks.

"If Diona has her." Caspian says.

But my father is right. Why would Diona take Katlynne hostage when she killed everyone else? It makes no sense.

"I'm not sure where she could be." I admit frustrated.

We were so damn close to being safe. But not all of us are here. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left one of my best friends out there, alone.