Chapter 19

Allaura Aislinn

A few days of training go by. Each day is different training. Caspian has taught me how to move fast, faster than normally. He's taught me how to hit harder.

Katlynne rested for the first few days. But after that we got her to come out and train. She chose to use a bow and now Aeryn teaches her some defensive positions. Her main goal is being defense, she has a weapon that is used from far away, where I had a weapon that's to be used from close range. It only makes sense that way.

Color has been returning to her body, and she's gained some more weight. Which i'm thankful for. I never want to see her in that sick position again.

It's been about a week since our last mission. And now Aleksandr has assigned us to another. Every new mission, is every week. But I wasn't complaining. Caspian taught me many, many new skills.
I'm faster, stronger, wiser.

When I was alone in the room, from time to time I would try to get my wings out again. But they never came.
I haven't told anyone about them, not even Dominic. Caspian has kept his mouth shut about it too. Which i'm thankful for.

We don't know what I am. I came into this world being human, and while we thought that, wings shot straight out of my back, and now my ears have small points.
My hair has been covering my ears most the time. I only ever wear it freely around Caspian considering he's the only one who knows.

My back was now fully healed. But the cuts weren't what felt sensitive.
I still feel the wings in my back muscles. Like they're a part of them.
And they probably are. From time to time we would have to take small breaks because of the soreness of my back. The pain at first was awful, but now it's bearable. And I hope that only means that it'll be easier to use my wings again. . . If I can use my wings again.

Caspian woke me up this morning, telling me we had another mission. Since my armour was mostly gone from my back, Aleksandr has told me he's gotten stronger armour. Something to protect me better against the harsh elements and from a slash of a sword.

Both Caspian and I had no clue what this mission was. Aleksandr only told us to train, and told us to get ready for anything.

So here we are. Entering Aleksandr's office.

He sits behind his desk, only wearing a white tunic with black pants.

"Ah you two are up. Good" Aleksandr's says as he rises from his seat.
"Allaura dear, I have your new armour. The fabric is a strong material, and holds against cuts but not stabs. It'll be lighter, but if you end up in the cold, it'll keep you warm." He says as he hands me complete black clothing.

He was right, they are lighter. Which is good considering i'm light on my feet.

I nod in thanks and he tells me to change in the spare bathroom.

I walk inside and undress.

The clothes were tricky to put on considering how many pockets they had. But over-all it was comfortable. My arms were covered with the fabric which made me feel more secured. My legs were also covered and the boots stopped just under my knees, giving me a snug fit.

I moved around for a bit, getting used to the feeling.
I made sure to bring extra throwing knives and small daggers. And i'm glad I did because this suit has many pockets.
I fill those pockets up with my knives and throw my own nuggets dagger behind my head. Securing them onto my back, giving me easy access to them whenever I need them.