Chapter 52

Allaura Aislinn

"Where would she take the war?"

We decided to plan what we are going to do with Diona, and how we're going to find Katlynne. Two nights ago was the best day of my life, i've turned nineteen but I couldn't shake off the fact that Katlynne wasn't here to experience the day with all of us.

"In open land. There's a deserted forest about two days away from here, that's probably here she would take her own army." Gabriel says and point to a spot on the large map.

"Would your troops would be willing to do that?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter if they want to or not. They'll be going either way, and so will I."

"Who will look over your kingdom?"

"The people will. Nobody is going to be willing to step foot inside. They'll be safe." He says confidently.

"And what of Katlynne?" Dominics asks.

I thin my lips. She could either be with Diona, or on her own. But i'd be better if we searched with Diona first and if she's not with her, then we can check that off the list.

"Lord Aislinn." A villager bursts through the doors breathing heavily. "They have a message for you."

Gabriel and I exchange a few glances before we both stand up and make our way to the doors. The villager says no more other than, 'they have a message for you.' But he looks scared—young too.

When we push open the doors of the palace, I first see Diona's men—or man.

A single man is in a horse, no weapons at hand.

"Lord Aislinn. And Allaura Aislinn." He calls out straightening on his horse. "Lady Diona has sent me here to deliver a message."

We both continue to stare, not uttering a word.

"You have a week." I stiffen at his words.

"And if you do not appear at the clearing near Sitium river's. We will tear down your nation."

The air around be drops and becomes much more colder while I feel Gabriel grow angrier. "I'd like to see you try." He says too calm.

"I am only here to deliver the message." The soldier says and turns his horse around.

But my father smirks. "And I shall return the favor."

He whistles and both Niko and Kaan slowly walk in front of the mans horse.

"Dismount the horse or we will have to use force." Niko says.

Diona's guard stiffens but he doesn't dismount his horse. Which makes Kaan appear by his side and drags him off his horse.

The man curses when he hits the floor but Niko and Kaan are already beating him.
They punch him, kick him until it looks like he can't even walk on his own.

Gabriel watches in silence and the air around us still remains freezing.

"Put him on his horse." Gabriel says and Kaan obeys.