Chapter 8

Allaura Aislinn

      I could barely keep my eyes open against the sun. My throat and my whole body ached. Especially my ankle.
      I realised I was on a horse. Someone's body was pressed behind me as they rode. My hands were tied in front of me while I was gagged.
      I tried not to squirm, tried to keep my breathing even.

      The salt water dried my skin and my eyes. The sun burned against them. The throbbing in my ankle was almost unbearable. I tried moving it but accidentally let out a small whimper from the pain.
      It hurts.
      The man behind me said nothing. He knew I was awake. He knew I was in pain. Yet he said and did nothing, but continued to ride the horse.

      I felt his hard chest against my back and his large thighs that sit along mine.
      "Stop squirming, human." He said.
      Human? Human!? Where the hell am I. I wasn't even able to talk with this gag.
      I shook my head and motioned down to take out the gag. He made no move to let go of the ropes that binded the horse. I looked behind me, wanting to motion for him to take off the gag but paused as I saw his face.
      why is he so beautiful.
      his skin was beautifully tan. His eyes were a light shade of brown, almost gold. His light brown hair was slicked back into a small bun with tiny hairs stinking out everywhere. He had high cheek bones, sharp eyebrows, a sharp nose that looks to be slightly crooked.
      He jerked his chin forward, motioning me to look straight. As he did that, I caught sight of his very sharp jaw, with some light stubble on it.

      I averted my gaze from his face. Doesn't matter if he was beautiful. He drugged me and now is dragging me through the woods on a horse.
      He lifted one hand to my face and I flinched. He didn't stop though, he roughly took out my gag so I was able to talk.
      A few moments past and I still didn't talk. I was scared. I had absolute no clue where I was, where my friends were and who this stranger is. I cleared my throat as I quietly said,
      "What is this place?"
      Oh god it hurt to talk. I regretted letting out a word. My voice came out rough and scratchy from all the water and screaming I endured.
      He shifted from behind me, which only made my body slide more against him.
      "You aren't from this world, filthy human."
      "What do you mean human-" I cut myself off as I looked at him. I never saw those ears. They're pointy. I have only ever read about elves and fairies.
      in and out, in and out. Breath.
      I'm hyperventilating. Shit.
      Tears pricked the corner of my eyes, my breaths were fast and short. I looked everywhere. My eyes wildly searching for anything I could recognise.
      This isn't good. Not good.
      My breaths became louder. My body was shaking. I couldn't help but let out a small sob, which was quickly muffled by me slapping my hand onto my face.
      I want to go home.
     Home. . . My mom.
      Oh god she must be so scared. I left her. She's gonna drown herself in alcohol now that she thinks i've left.
      I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. I was shaking against the strangers chest, but he said nothing.
      I felt his thighs press against mine and the horse. I felt him pull the ropes that made the horse stop. He didn't do anything. He just stopped the horse and stayed behind me.
      Dominic would know what to do. Was he here? Katlynne? Landon? As far as I know I was the only one who landed in that ocean.

      My breaths slowly became even. My body shook less and I think the stranger took it as a sign to continue riding.
      This is going to be a long journey.

                                         -

      I slept once more. But was roughly awakened by, surprise, surprise. The stranger. He dismounted the horse so I was quickly awake and rebalanced myself. But that didn't stop him from yanking me off it.
      He grabbed my hands and pulled me off the horse roughly.

      Once I was off and steady on my own two feet. I fell.
      I think I might have let out a screech.
      My ankle. The pain felt unbearable.
      I looked down and my foot was covered in blood. My boot was long gone as well.
      "What the hell do you think you are doing. Get up." The stranger hissed.
      I shook my head. Biting my lip to hold back another sob threatening to escape.
      The stranger narrowed his eyes on my ankle and looked disgusted.
      I think I might have heard him say, "disgusting humans."