Chapter 41

Aeryn Ralhea

*Day of ambush*

"Let me go!" I yell and trash around Dominics arms.

"She'll be fine. Caspian's got her." Dominic says and tugs her away.

But Caspian isn't with her.

"No. We can leave her, let's go!" I fight in his arms trying to reach for Allaura as I see her disappear into the crowd.

"FUCKING LET ME GO!" I bellow but Dominic only tightens his hands around me.

"Aeryn, we have to go. The horsemen will kill us." It was Landon who spoke from her side.

"What about Katlynne?" I ask Dom.

"Allaura will find her. We'll find them again, okay? But right now we have to leave." He responds.

I stare at the scene in front of me. Horses drop to the ground. Blood sprays out of young adults who trained here.

Please be safe Allaura.

I clench my teeth and finally allow Dominic to pull me away.

"Where do we go?" He asks as all three of us run into the trees.

We have no horses, no water, food, weapons, clothes. Absolutely nothing.

"I don't know." I admit.

No one is allowed passed Norbalian's borders unless they have access. And we don't. We would either get kicked out, or killed.

"Landon?" Dominic asks hopeful.

"I don't know." My brother says. "Our village would be my first option but. . ." He trails off and I suck in a harsh breath.

"Okay." Dominic starts. "Let's continue forward. Anything is better here, we have to be away from the horsemen."

"Landon and I know these lands. We won't get lost." I explain.

Landons head snaps back. "Faster, we have to run, go." He urges and pushes me.

The three of us take off into a sprint and I train my ears, hearing a horse nearing us. Dominic and I only have our training weapons. They aren't strong but it's better than nothing.

The horse only gets closer and closer. I groan and stop running before turning in the direction of the horse.

"What are you doing?" Landon hisses and tugs my arm but I yank free.

"He'll continue to follow us until we kill him. Landon, you stay behind, you have no weapon. Dominic, you're with me." I command.

Landons eyes widen at my tone but he follows my orders, as well as Dominic who comes to my side and readies his staff.

"What if there's more than one?" He asks.

"Then we kill more than one man today."

He looks at me and then back towards the trees when he hears the horse getting closer.