Chapter 32

Allaura Aislinn

"I think it's better to have more people with you during your missions." Aeryn tells me at breakfast.

"I know. I'll tell Alek about it. It's safer and it helps everyone else train." I say.

She's right. If another pair go to the missions assigned every week, then we'll be fine, we would be stronger.

"It could be me, you, Cas, and Aeryn. It'll make the missions easier because the more people." Dominic explains next.

I nod my head and continue to eat my soup.
It's quiet at the table now, too quiet.

I look up and see Aeryn staring outside the window. "Aeryn, what-" But my words are cut off by her spoon dropping into her dish.

She lets out what sounds like half a sob and a sigh of relief before standing up so fast that she almost knocks over our food.

I get up after her and chase her out the front door.

I'm barely able to keep up with her. But she comes to a stop and hugs a man. She's sobbing and clinging onto the man in her arms and they both fall down on their knees.

Dominic runs next to my side and casts me a confused look, next is Katlynne who looks just as confused.

Aeryn pulls away and inspects the mans face with her hands, but we're not able to see him because of her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened?" She mumbles and looks him over.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. But we aren't safe, Aeryn. Nobody is safe. Not even in Indlyne." The man says.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"The horsemen, they attacked the village. And they will attack here when the time comes."

Caspian jogs to my side now.

Aeryn finally looks back and sees us all staring at her and she flushes. "Sorry." She mumbles and steps aside so we can see the man.

"This is-"

"Landon?" I say and step forward.

He's here. Landon is here. He's safe and he's here.

"You know Landon?" Aeryn asks.

"He's—he's the friend i've been trying to look for. You're siblings?"

"Yes." Landon is the one who answers.

I step to him and inspect him. No physical injuries, he seems tired and looks slightly skinner. But he's okay.

"You're okay." I say mostly to myself.

"I'm okay." He says with a soft smile.

"You—you're okay." My voice cracks.

He gently pulls me into his arms and we hug. "I'm okay Allaura." He says and lets go.

"You're okay." I state the truth and step back with a smile.