Chapter 12

Allaura Aislinn

      I wake up to something kicking my leg,
      "Get up, we have to move." I heard a voice grunt out.
      I crack one eye open to see Caspian's boot in my face. I grimace at his boot and shove it away. I hear him sigh and start to pack up and I have no other option but to fully wake myself up.
      I bring my hands to rub my face and eyes but stop when I remembered the black blood on them. I yank my hands away from my face as if something burned them and stared at—nothing? My hands are clean if any blood. I touch my face and realise my face is also clean of any blood and only a small cut remains running from my left temple and across my right cheek.
      Yeah that'll definitely scar.
      I look at Caspian as he packs away the blanket he slept on.
      Did he clean me up?
      I didn't feel anything or anyone touch me as I fell asleep. Either way. Whatever cleaned me up, I am grateful.
      I look down and see the dagger on my lap. I must have held onto it all night then.

      I get up and start to roll up my blanket. I put the dagger in my jean pocket. I'm aware I need a change of clothes, and i'm hoping once we get to training grounds they will lend me some new ones. Clothes that are suitable for — for fighting.

      Caspian and I load our belongings onto the horses, strapping everything back up. Once everything is secure, we both mount our horses.
      As we tread our way through the forest. I can't help but gawk at my surroundings. It truly is beautiful here. Especially in the early morning.
      The green is so vibrate and there are yellow fire flies dancing along with the beautiful flowers. The air and the wind feel so fresh and clean. The whole area looks so harmless in the day, but once it turns dark, you don't know what can happen.
      Their world is beautiful, truly amazingly beautiful. And I wish I could have lived here the day I was born. I wish I grew up here instead of that shitty down back on — in my world. The human world as they call it.
      I look at Caspian as he rides his horse. I truly look at him. He's always on guard, and always so stiff. He also doesn't say many words other than some commands. Even now as he rides his horse, his back is stiff, as-well as his neck. He has a large body, very large compared to me.
      I stand at 5'7 and he towers over me by a few inches. Standing around 6'2.
      His hair is still styled into a tiny bun at the back of his head, with small strands spilling out from its messiness. I can't deny that he isn't attractive, because he is. And I can't help but wonder why he has his guard up all the time.

      I continue to gawk at my surroundings as we tread through the forests, leading outside of Norbalian.

                                        -

      "We're here." Is all Caspian says as we near the training grounds.

      People are everywhere. Some have bows and quivers strapped to them. Some have swords, spheres, daggers, and some even fight with their bare hands.

      "You are to meet the guardian before we start. I will tell him you will be training with me." Caspian says as we both dismount our horses.
      I follow him and walk my horse to a stable.
      "How king do I train for." I ask as we both leave our horses to be treated and cared for in the stables."
      "However long the queen says you will. Or you can stop now and end it." He says dismissively.

      I don't say another word. I can barely keep my temper in but I know that if I continue on talking I will lash out. And I don't know what happens if I lash out. Maybe the queen could kill me.
      I am like a puppet and she is controlling my strings.