Chapter 59

Allaura Aislinn

The last couple have days have been non stressful. I'm thankful for it but now my father and I are planning to go back into the human world to retrieve my mother. We don't know how she'll react when she sees us or even more so, how we will react.

Alek told us how to go back. There is a cottage far in the woods and it'll take us back safely. We'll land in the woods near the school and from there we'll walk home.

"How are you?" I ask Dominic who walks by my side.

"As good as can be." He says flat and my heart tightens.

"I love you, you know that?" I tell him and his eyes stutter when he meets mine.

"I love you too, Lulu. I will always." A small smile makes its way on his face and I grin in return.

He'll be okay.

Caspian walks in front of us with my father while we walk to this cottage. It's weird walking in these woods without having someone chasing you. Since I killed Diona, her warriors had nothing else to do but bow down to me. The Fay have disappeared into hiding and yet most of them have died on the battle field.

"That's it?" Gabriel's voice rings out.

We enter a small clearing with cottage in the middle.

"Is that-" Dominic stutters.

"It is." I confirm looking at the cottage.

It's the same exact building we saw in the human world, only this time it's built beautifully, it isn't rotting.

"I guess it works the same as well." Dominic suggest when we move forward.

We were informed no one lived here but the place is so tidy and well put together.

"You think Alek keeps the place like this?" I ask and run my finger along the dining table.

"Maybe so." Gabriel says.

Our footsteps echo throughout the wooden logs and I walk towards the basement door.

"It's probably in here." I twist the knob and swing open the door.

The same stairs are here and when I descend them, marking to indeed cover the wall.

"Wow." Caspian says when he comes down the stairs. "Do you need to press something?" He asks confused.

"Last time I pressed one and it opened a portal." I shrug and move to the furthest wall, nearing the same symbol on my neck. The closer I get, the hotter my neck becomes.

"I'm sure this is it." I say and jerk my chin to the symbol that lights up slightly.

"How did you do that?" Gabriel asks looking at the wall.

"It reacts to me." I shrug and run my finger along the mark on my neck. "We're really doing this?" I ask.

Anything could go wrong honestly. Imagine we end up in a whole other world. One none of us know about. I mean, it could happen, we never know but Alek uses—used this to travel into both worlds.