Chapter 14

Allaura Aislinn

I wake up because of the piercing cold, on the floor. My body has been curled into a fetal position all night.
I stretch out my arms and legs. Everything aches. Not just from the cold, but from the training yesterday.
Right, training.
Caspian.

I look around the room but it's completely empty. I don't hear any. pose in the bathroom and I don't see his boots.
I wonder if he even slept here.

I stand and shiver against the cold. Damn they weren't lying when they said it would be cold out here.

I go to put on the thick brown jacket that aleksandr gave me and shove on my boots. There isn't any remaining blood on the floor from where Aeryn beat the man to death. Maybe I should learn a few things from her as-well. She handled herself good and was fast. She didn't care the size of the man, it's like she knew she would win.

After I tightly lace up my boots, I walk downstairs to eat some breakfast.
Both Dominic and Aeryn are sitting and eating some soup. I almost run at the table when I realise the soup is hot.

I smile at both Aeryn and Dominic and they return my gesture with two wide grins. Dominic has bread in his mouth so his cheeks are twice the size when he smiles, and I can't help but laugh at him. Which makes him smile even wider.

Dominic pats the seat next to him so I follow down and sit next to him.
"How was first day of training?" He asks.
I snort, "It was good but my whole body is sore. And now I have to train with Caspian, one on one." I cringe at that thought.
Aeryn decides to speak up next, "Speaking of Caspian, where was he last night if not in the room?"
"I couldn't tell you that, because he never told me." I respond with a shrug.
"Well, I know that he got up early today to go see the body." Aeryn says.

Dominic pays attention on his soup. And I know Aeryn told him what happened.
"I'm sorry, Allaura. I was asleep, and i'm sorry I couldn't hear you." Dominic says miserably.
I put my arm over his shoulder and bring him in to ruffle his hair, "It's okay Dom, your friend here came to save the day. So it's all good."
He snorts and shoo's my hands away.

We all eat the porridge as we talk about training. And after i'm done. I walk to aleksandr office. To see if Caspian knows the body.

-

Once I open the door to his office, i'm met with both Aleksandr and Caspian, looking to be in a heated conversation.

They both turn to me. Aleksandr gives me a sad smile while Caspian stares with a blank expression on his face.
"Well. Did you identify the body?" I ask.
I'm not going to stand here in the presence of Caspian to talk when I can be out to train. Train so I can protect myself and others. So that next time someone comes to attack me, I won't call out for help.

"We almost couldn't because of how badly bruised his face was." Aleksandr says with a laugh.
"So you're saying you did?"
"Yes. The man was in her court. Serves her, protects her. He thought you were a threat, so he came after you." It was Caspian who answered me.

I nod my head in understanding before rolling both of my lips into my mouth, "And how many more, hm?" I ask.
Both Aleksandr and Caspian look at me with confusion in their eyes.
"How many more will think i'm some sort of threat? How many more are gonna show up in my room at night to beat me to death?"