Chapter 42

Allaura Aislinn

I wake up in a— a bed? My arms comes down into the soft covers and I squeeze the fluffy blanket underneath me.

Where. . .

My eyes widen and I shoot up, wincing at the ache in my back. I look over my shoulder, seeing that my wings are still out. And i'm in new clothes. They're soft, almost silky but with cotton and they're white.

I swing my legs over the large white bed, looking around before noticing a large window with curtains hiding its view.
I push myself off the bed and near the window, pulling back the curtains I see a city covered in snow.

Snow. City. Ice nation.

I gasp.

Dad.

I push away from the window and run to the door before yanking it open.

Two men stand on either side of my door, they both look at me with eyebrows raised. "What is the matter?" The one to my right asks.

What the actual hell.

"Where is he." I demand.

Both of the men look at each other before nodding. "Come with me." The one to my right says and moves down the light hall.

Everything is so bright here. It's white and blue and gold. It's so—so pretty. That's the best way to describe it, it's so damn pretty.

I play with my fingers and the hem of my shirt as we pass through many different hallways.

"Just through here." The man says, stopping at a large door and opens it for me.

I glare at him and charge through the door and seeing him. In the flesh.

His eyes move to me and he stands up slowly from his desk.

I look him over, from head to toe. He looks bigger, stronger. His beard is white as the stars but his hair is black as the night sky. He wears a dark blue tunic with black pants and matching boots.

He rounds the desk and his eyes gloss over. "Honey?" He rasps stepping closer but I back away.

"N-no. How are you here. How the hell are you here right now." I demand and he takes a step back, respecting my space.

"You must be very confused-"

"The hell I am." I snarl. "You went missing, dad. Me and mon waited for you all damn night. She was broken—I was broke but I had to be strong for mom. So how the hell are you here."

He rubs a hand over his mouth, smoothing out his beard. "I never went missing." He admits. "I went into the forest willingly. I knew the dangers, but I also knew of this world."

What?

"You left us? Willingly?"

"It wasn't supposed to turn out this way-"

"You left us. Willingly!?" I scream in his direction.