Chapter 13

Allaura Aislinn

I woke up with half my body off the bed. Caspian was a heavy and messy sleeper. Once he was asleep, he was slowly moving his way over to the middle of the bed. So every-time he got too close, I would scoot closer to the edge. So here I am, with my leg and arm hanging off the bed.
I rub the tiredness away from my eyes as I sit up.
Looking to my left, Caspian invaded the entire bed. I shove off his leg that made its way onto my thigh, and I shove it hard. Hard enough for him to jolt awake. His body springs awake, looking around frantically with his messy hair and eyes half open.
I can't help but snort as I grab my boots and start to lace them up.
"What was that?" He grumbles.
"You we're all over me last night. You bed hogger."

Caspian stays quiet and I look over my shoulder to see him frozen, looking like he was in the middle of rubbing his eye.
He continues to stare wide eyed,
"Oh god, not like that," -I snort- "and you can me filthy." I say.
He doesn't reply, he continues his stretching and starts to put on his jacket and boots.
He takes a thin strap of leather and ties his hair back into the small bun.
I make note to cut his hair for him.

I follow him down the stairs. He moves smoothly through the hall. He moves very quietly without even trying. Almost like a cat.
And i'm the mouse.

We finally step outside and i'm met with cold air. I left my jacket back in the room, but I don't complain because the training will probably warm me up, enough to keep me warm.

He continues down the rows of other people training. There are already so many people already out and fighting. Against each other and a fighting dummy. I look around and spot Dominic behind me, training with Aeryn and he uses a staff, with a blade on both ends. He moves swiftly with it, as if the staff was made for him. Aeryn circles him, correcting him when he does something wrong.
I smile at the scene and turn back forward to see Caspian getting out weapons from a long box that's near a dummy.

As I near, both Caspian and the box,
"Choose a weapon. Whichever one you think you are able to handle properly. You will train with it." He says as he stand next to the box.

I look into the wooden box and see all sorts of weapons. Bows, swords, knifes and so much more. Two daggers, the size of my forearm, lay at the bottom of the box. I pick up the silver blades and run my fingers along it's sharp edges. They feel right in my hands, like they belong there.

I look at Caspian and see that's he's watching me.
"These. I fight with these" I tell him.
He nods his head and tells me to step into the middle of the dirt. I do as he says, while holding both daggers in my hands. They're not too heavy, pretty light for the length of them.

"To start, you will learn fighting positions. You will use these positions to attack. You have to move swiftly with your opponent. You have to be able to learn their movements, their feet work. You have to predict their next attack before it occurs. So to start, put your dominant foot in front of you, non-dominant is behind you. Hold the knives however way you think is best in this position."

I do as Caspian says. Putting my right foot in front and left behind me. I move the dagger so that the blade is facing behind me instead of in front. This way I have a firmer grip on both daggers.

"Good, good. Now move your left foot forward while swinging your left dagger with your foot. Get the right momentum." He explains.
Once again, I do as he says. Moving my left foot while swinging my left hand in front of me. My left hand is now blocking my face as my right leg is slightly bent into a squatted position.
"Good. Now what do you think you can do next?" Caspian asks.