Chapter 45

Aeryn Ralhea

"What are you doing?" Landon asks.

"Sleeping, what does it look like i'm doing?" Jo replies and lays her head on his lap.

"Why are you sleeping on me."

"Because you're warm." She says it as if he's stupid.

Landon frown and mumbles curses while he gets comfortable on the stone wall behind him.
After we rested on the sand of the shore, we ventured out and found a cave. It's the best shelter there is and i'm sure Diona's guards won't be searching this far out. They probably thought we died from the fall, hell, I thought we would have died. But i'm grateful that we didn't.

I sigh and place my head on Dominic's shoulder.

"You okay?" He whispers, wrapping a hand around my waist to pull me closer to him.

"Yeah. Just cold." I admit and settle into his warmth.

"Wanna get closer to the fire?" He asks rubbing my waist.

I shake my head no and hug his waist.

He's all I need to warm up.

Dominic chuckles and rests his cheek on my head. "We'll find her. She's strong." He reassures.

Dominic leans back onto the wall and I tuck my head away into his chest.

He's warm.

"You're cuddly." He jokes.

"I'm cold." I grumble and poke his side.

"Go to sleep, okay? We need the rest."

"Who will stand watch?"

"I will." Landon speaks up across from us. "When I get too tired, i'll wake her up and we'll switch." He says pointing to Jo who's sleeping on his lap. Landons lip twitches up when he looks at her and I could have sworn he mumbled, 'crazy girl'.

"Go to sleep." Dominic say quietly and squeezes my waist.

I don't even have to answer him, his warmth and his presence is enough to make me fall asleep. And that's exactly what I do.

£

Dominic Ryker

"If you hurt my sister, Ryker. We'll have a problem." Landon says to me.

I snort. "How could I ever hurt her." I cradle her small body in my arms as she sleeps. Her breaths are even and even as she sleeps, her arms are wrapped tightly around me. "I wouldn't dare harm a hair on her head."

"Good, because if you do, you won't have a head."

I chuckle and Aeryn stirs in my arms.

I wish this moment happened before all this shit went down. It was such a normal day until the horsemen came and slaughtered us. We got lucky enough to escape, but Allaura, Caspian and Kate? I have no clue where they could be, or if they are even together. I pray that Caspian and Allaura are together, and if Caspian has let any harm come to her, he's a dead man.
And Kate. . . She confessed that she loved me and I had no clue. But I can't force myself to love someone that I don't, it just wouldn't work. But I don't wish any harm to come to her. She's my best friend from our world, our home. And I pray that they're all safe.