Chapter 29

Caspian Alaband

I have been pacing around all day. I didn't know what mission Alek sent Allaura on. The Fay are out there and they are still hunting her.
They called her 'Fay killer' for fucks sake.

"Fuck." I curse and run my hands through my hair.

I've sparred with Dominic, and right now we're taking a break.
He knows i'm worried about her. He's worried about the both of them. He cares for both Allaura and Aeryn.

I sigh in frustration before stomping out of the building. And then I see and hear the horses. Aeryn is holding both of the horses by their reigns, covered in complete filth. I smell it all the way from here.

And Allaura walks behind her. With a head in her hand. She limps slightly, they both do, but Allaura keeps her chin up.
Her face has small smears of blood while most of her front is covered in blood and the same filth Aeryn was covered in.

They exchange a few words before Aeryn goes into the stables, and Allaura walks past every gawking male.

They stare as they watch her walk down towards Alek's office with the Bricriu's head dangling from her own palm. But she isn't fazed by them. She looks directly at me and I see her eyes soften and her shoulders sagging. She gives me a soft smile and continues her way into Alek's office. And I follow her.

We both walk past the crowd and I see Dominic run into the stables to Aeryn. Katlynne is no where to be found.

Allaura opens the door and Alek stops talking to a guard and gawks at what she holds in her hand.

She throws it onto the ground. "Mission complete, sir." She says calmly.

Alek smiles at her. "I knew you both could do it. Are you both alright?"

"Fine."

She sounds too calm. She sounds the same as the time in the palace in front of the queen. She's hurt and she wants to leave.

"Ask her the details tomorrow. She's tired and should rest." I tell Alek.

"Oh yes. Of course, of course. Go rest, Allaura dear." He says kindly dismissing her.

Allaura smiles at him before turning back to the door. And when she does her smile completely vanishes.

I hold the door open for her and grab her waist for support. Thankfully, she doesn't push me away. She holds onto my arm and winces with every step.

I can't help but be pissed at Alek. He sent her after the Bricriu with only Aeryn. Those creatures are strong and have absolutely no mercy. I should have been there fighting with her. I should have protected her.

I help her up the stairs and open our door to step inside the room. She walks and drops herself onto the floor near the bed.

"Get on the bed." I state slightly confused.

She shakes her head. "No, I don't wanna get it dirty. I stink and i'm covered in—I don't even know what this is, but I want it off. I want it off now." She pleads.

She doesn't even wait. She starts unbuckling her armour and removing every weapon off her. She fumbles with a buckle and groans. "Fuck. Help me." She commands.