Chapter 21

Allaura Aislinn

After I ate, Caspian decided he should show me around the castle. We went through many different halls, and some halls I remembered from the time I got locked in a cell, Caspian made sure to get through those same halls faster than the rest.

And now, we plan on how to get back to Alek. It took roughly 3 or 4 hours to get to the location of the mission, and we don't know how long we really ran from the same location, to the border of Norbalian.

The fay could still be out there waiting for us to leave, they could be watching the borders like hawks and the moment we step foot out of it, we're their prey.

"You think we can catch up to our horses and make a run for it?" I ask Caspian as he over looks a map.
"Possibly. Are you up for it? We can't slow down." He hums.

My back has gotten better as well as my body. My upper back is still slightly stiff but other than that, I should be fine.

"Yeah I'm up for it." I answer.
Caspian nods his head an points to a spot of the map. "Here is where we can leave from. If we run straight but slightly turn to the left, we'll be able to whistle in the horses." I nod and ask. "How far can they hear the whistle? Back at the cliff it was far and they heard it, so you think they can hear it from the boarder?"

The horses have a great sense of hearing. They can hear from miles, but. "It'll be difficult for them because of the activity outside the walls. There is a lot of commotion outside, so we would have to run where there's less work going on." He explains.

Makes sense.

"When do we leave?" I ask.

"At dawn."

£

There wasn't much to do throughout the day. We leave at first light tomorrow morning. Which left me bored throughout the whole day.

Caspian left, but didn't tell me where he was going.

I wonder if Lady Diona knows i'm here.

I haven't seen Lady Diona, the queen. I'm not even sure Caspian informed her that i'm here.

The sun has already set outside, which gives me a few hours to sleep before we step outside the walls again.

I pray I won't slow either of us down. The poison and the fighting wore me down the last time. And I don't have the poison in my system any longer, and i've rested and i've eaten so I think we'll be alright.

The door opens and Caspian finally walks in.
"Where have you been?" I ask him.
He looks tired, and defeated.
Something must have happened.

"What happened?" I stress but he only waves me off and undresses himself until he's only in his tunic and brown pants.

"Is everything-"
"Everything's fine. Just go to sleep and get rest for the journey tomorrow." He snaps.

I pursue my lips and keep them shut not wanting to push him any further.

He throws himself on the edge of the bed, facing away from me and I do the same.
There isn't any point in arguing or stresses over anything. He isn't hurt physically which is great considering he won't slow us down. And that is our first priority, being able to have the energy to run in case the Fay are waiting for us on the other side of the walls.