Chapter 56

Aeryn Ralhea

Allaura's wings shoot out of her back and I watch her attack the Verl Fay. We all collide as one, drawing our swords, clashing them together and killing one another.

Another Fay runs to me and I jerk my arm out, slicing its head straight off.

Allaura informed me awhile ago that Verl Fay had the ability to heal. I won't take any chances but with everyone fighting, I have no clue if they truly heal.

Diona's soldiers also battle with us now. Two of her lines consisted of Fay, the rest are her own.

My curved dagger connects with a sword and we fight. He isn't too fast, but his hits are powerful, strong when his own blade connects with mine.

He grunts when I kick him directly in his shine, making him kneel down. I grab a small dagger from my weapons and stab him across the neck. His hand shoots out to grab the blade embedded in his skin but i've already pulled it out, leaving him to choke on his own blood.

There's no time to rest after I have gotten my kill. Another man dives in and strikes for me. I'm swallowed by the crowd, not seeing anyone I know. We've all been seperated the second we charged.

The soldiers cuts me across the cheek and I snarl before slicing open his stomach. He cries out in pain, bending down clutching his open and bleeding stomach.

I bleed, you bleed.

The once silent field has now been swallowed by the cries of help and of joy. People lay dead under my feet. Their bodies twitch, fighting for life and I can do nothing expect go forward.

Lady Diona has the advantage with the Fay. If their claws, the females claws make contact with your skin, then you are already dead. Your body is running on pure adrenaline so you wouldn't be able to feel if their nails pricked your skin. The more energy you use, the faster the poison reacts.

I twirl with my blades, slaughtering, fighting anyone who stands in my way.

I hear a scream to my right and see Josephines curly hair. A large man has his sword connected with her, making her bend down to her knees.

I run in her direction.

The man barely had any time to react before I bring the curve of my blade around his neck from behind. He sputters out blood and drops the sword before his hands shoot up to cup his neck.

Jo jumps back to her feet and spits on the man. "Bloody bastard almost killed me." She says breathless.

"Do you know where everyone else is?" I mistook to my back and we both circle each other, back to back facing the fighting around us.

"I lost Landon the moment we collided and I haven't seen anyone else since, not until now."

Damn it.

"Stick with me, alright? We'll find them eventually." I say and two soldiers start to run towards us. "Alright, here we go."

I bare my teeth when the women's sword crashed down to me. She's smaller then the men, and much faster. Her hits aren't as strong but her speed makes up for it. Our swords play with each other and I growl in frustration when I don't get any good hits on her.