Chapter 48

Caspian Alaband

I wake up and half my body is on Allaura. But she's still sound asleep.

I'm literally crushing you.

I snort.

I'm crushing on you.

I sigh and roll off her body but he hand shoots out, grabbing the back of my neck and shoves my face back into her neck.

Okay.

I chuckle but wrap my arms around her waist and pull her impossibly close to me.

Last night was amazing, I just hated how I hurt her. I wanted to make it as less painful as possible and made sure she was okay. But she still had trouble walking afterwards.

"Morning." She mumbles tiredly and lazily slings her arm over my shoulder.

I look up and see her nose close to my mouth. I bite it.

Her eyes shoot open and she squashes my face away with her hand.

"I know you did not just bite my nose." She says.

"I think I bit your nose."

"You're insufferable." She groans and shoves her face into a pillow.

Not a morning person. Noted.

"How long do you want to stay in bed?" I ask her and play with her hair.

"With you in it? Forever." She smarts and I grin.

"Too bad I won't be in the bed." I pat her butt and roll off the bed.

"Hey. Why not." She lifts her face from off the pillow and pouts.

"It's stupid to stay in bed and waist precious daylight." I explain and her face drops.

"We have been hunted, on the run, on the brink of death. And you still want to do more? We can't have one day to ourselves?" She questions frustrated.

She's right. We've been through so much, we need a day to ourselves.

"Get up and get changed." I tell her and watch as her frown deepens.

"I literally hate you."

"You say you love me."

"I'm lying to you."

I scowl at her and she sends me a sarcastic grin before grabbing the pillow behind her and throwing it in my direction. I close the door and hear the pillow hit it before falling to the ground.

I laugh and change into my own comfortable clothes for the day. I also use the bathroom and wash my hands and face before leaving the restroom.

"It's cold. It's early in the morning. I hate everything about my life." Allaura exclaims when I close the bathroom door.

"So you hate me?" I tease.

"At this moment? Yes." She says casually.