Chapter 34

Allaura Aislinn

I trained with Aeryn for a good amount of time, but got too worried and I wasn't focused so she decided to train another day. Which brings me pacing back in forth, waiting for Caspian and Dominic to come back.

It's Dominics first time on any mission and i'm worried for him. And on top of that, I had no clue what the mission was.

It's been a few hours since they left and the sun is already setting.

Fuck.

I'm so worried.

I pace around outside, near the stables while bitting the skin around my nails.

"Allaura." I hear someone call out from behind me.

Landon.

"You're still waiting for them?" He asks.

"Yeah." I laugh slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay, if someone I cared about was out there, I would wait for them too." He smiles softly at me.

"How are you Landon. What happened?" I finally ask him.

He lets out a big breath. "Long story short?" I nod. "My village got attacked by the horsemen. The moment I saw the horses, I ran. And I kept running, trying to find food and all, but I val across another village. It was empty and looked dead with dead Verl Fay. When I walked past it, I saw a Rixian and it led me straight to camp, your training grounds." He explains.

"You must have been scared." I say.

"I was. It was terrifying thinking the horsemen were still after me. They kill any survivors they find. But I got away, and I found you all. I couldn't have asked for more."

I fully turn to him and finally look at him.

His hair has grown longer and he's gotten more tan. But he looks tired and alittle skinnier from the food he didn't get to eat.

"I looked for you, you know." I tell him with a sad smile. "We saw your village burning and I ran for it. We looked everywhere, in the village, around the woods... But we couldn't find you."

"You knew I was at the village?" He asks confused.

Shit.

"It's a long story, and that's for another time." I lie smoothly.

"Understandable." He laughs.

"Do you know who the guardian is?" I ask him.

"I found out yesterday. Trust me when I say I was surprised. It was weird seeing Mr. Maverick here as another person."

"Yeah." I say distantly. "We're all different people now, I guess."

"Landon!" Aeryn calls from behind the both of us.

He smiles at me sadly. "They'll be fine. I'm sure of it, don't stress too much." He says before turning away and walking to his sister.