Chapter 49

Allaura Aislinn

The city is so beautiful. It's filled with so many different colors and the people here seem incredibly happy.

"Let's go over there!" I say excitedly to Caspian.

I haven't felt so carefree, not since I was back at home. I've been laughing for hours and my smile has never left my face. I just wish we could stay here forever.

We near a store that has many different types of cakes and sweets. The sweetness hits my nose and I inhale the familiar scent of chocolate cake.

"You want anything?" Caspian asks and places his hand on my lower back.

"There's so much here, I have to look around." I slip out of his hand and look around the store.

There's just so much. There are huge chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cakes. There's small candies and cake pops. It's everything a kid could dream of. It honestly reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

I walk up to the front desk, "Do you have any chocolate cakes with raspberry filling?"
It's always been my favorite. I used to eat it on my birthday everyday.

My birthday.

I turn to Caspian before the worker is able to respond. "What day is it?"

"November 23."

My eyebrows shoot up. "How do you know what off the top of your head?"

"I keep track of my days." Caspian shrugs.

So that means my birthday is next week. I'll be turning nineteen.

"Hey Cas?"

"Yes?"

"How old are you?"

He slowly turns back to me. "twenty three."

I crinkle my nose. "You're old." I tease and he scowls.

"I'm not old." He flicks my nose and turns me so I face the worker again, who is smiling at the both of us.

"I do have a chocolate cake with raspberry filling." She says kindly and walks over to the class container, retrieving and delicious chocolate cake.

Mouth = drenched.

"I'll take it." I say and she laughs.

"That will be twelve silver coins."

I search around in my pockets and pull out a couple copper coins.

Okay. So money is very different here. I should have asked dad for money.
Stupid.

"Here you go, ma'am. Thank you." Caspian hands her twelve silver coins and picks up the cake.

I literally love you.

He turns and walks off with the cake.

I lied.

"Hey!" I call out and run to his side. "Thanks." He raises and eyebrow to me and shakes his head with a small smile.