Chapter 54

Allaura Aislinn

"We started only an hour ago and you're already tired?" Dominic says.

"My burnout was yesterday, yes i'm still tired." I say breathless.

I got up early in the morning and start to train once again. It's already been three days, leaving us with four days left. We have all been training our asses off. We're trying to prepare ourselves for anything and everything.

"How the hell do you even handle that thing?" Dominics staff spins in his hands and I watch with awe when he throws it up into the air before catching it beautifully in his hand.

"It came to me naturally." He shrugs and continues to spin his staff.

I snort and attack him. His eyes widen at the random attack but he blocks my blade and steps back.

"That was unexpected." He laughs.

"expect the unexpected."

I lunge again. His staff allows a great distance between us and it's harder for me to attack him. If I was his actual enemy, I would already be dead. Dominic can easy throw his staff and embed it into my chest easily, but it's only training.

"Fuck. It's hard getting close to you." I curse and leap away from his staff.

"Perks of using this." He once again twirls the staff.

"Perks my ass." I mumble and throw a sloppy attack.

Dominic yanks my dagger out of my hand before throwing me on my ass. I land on my back with a grunt and when I open my eyes, Dominic has the sharp end of his staff directly above my throat.

"I win." He says happily and offers me a hand.

I take it and brush myself off.

"Guard the gates! Don't let them through!"

My head snaps to my fathers bellowing voice and I throw my weapons on the ground before sprinting towards him.

Everyone training stops and watches my father stomp his way down the stairs. The closer I get to him, the colder the air around me gets.

"Dad!" I shout when i'm close enough. "What's going on?" I run to his side when he doesn't break his stride.

"Someone wants in at the gates." He bites out.

"Lady Diona?" I question.

"No, a man that goes by the name guardian."

Guardian.

"Let him in." I say and start to walk faster.

"Do you know this man?"

"I do. His name is Aleksandr Maverick."

"And you trust him?"

I don't answer, I just continue down the path and near the closed gates.

"Let me through!" I shout and push the guards out of the way.

"Alek!" I see him on a horse with—with hundreds of men behind him.