01. New Beginnings

Mar sat on her bed, scrolling through her phone.

She checked the time seeing that it was currently ten pm.

The teen girl tiptoed towards her bedroom door, creaking it open slightly.

She made no noise as she listened to hear her mom snoring.

For such a pretty ex-model, her mother sure snored loud.

Mar threw on the leather jacket that was laying on her bedside table.

She took off her pajamas pants replacing it with a low waisted jeans.

She stuffed her phone and wallet into her small purse, grabbing up her skateboard before walking towards her window, sliding it up.

Mar put one foot outside before the other, her entire body now depending on her feet that were tiptoeing on the edge.

The girl tiptoed around the ledge before she jumped down unto the garage at the side of the house.

She then jumped down from the garage and unto the floor.

She pat her clothes before smiling as she put her skateboard on the ground and skated away.

🥋

Mar's hand was in her pockets as she skated towards the small store at the corner of the strip mall.

Mar heard yelling as she approached the store, causing her to jump off her skateboard, picking it up by stepping down on one end.

Her skateboard tucked under her arm, she walked towards the store, glancing at the fight that was going doing when she recognized a familiar face.

Kyler.

That boy was the definition of douchebag.

She wanted more than anything to help out the poor boy that Kyler and his gang was bullying but she decided to leave it be.

What was she going to do? Poke their eyes out with her nails?

She laughed at herself as she entered the store.

She bought many bottles of different types of alcohol amd beer, curtosey of her fake i.d that she had gotten from a guy she knew, Rico, who was also a tatoo artist.

As she exited the store, her eyes widened at the sight red and blue lights.

Not in the mood to get taken to juvie or some shit for being a minor with alcohol, Mar ducked behind the pillars quickly, walking the long distance around the strip mall to escape.

🥋

"Mar, you didn't have to." Rosita gushed as Mar packed the alcohol and beers into the fridge.

"I wanted to. What else would I spend my mom's hard earned money for?" Mar beamed at her only friend at the party.

"And this is why you are an amazing friend." Rosita said before kissing Mar's cheeks. "Now I'm gonna go see what tragic excuse of a boy I can pull."

Mar laughed slightly as she watched Rosita walk away before she continued packing the beer and alcohol into the fridge.

"You need help with that?"

Mar glanced behind her as she stopped packing.

Mar's lips parted as she connected eye contact with the prettiest boy she had ever seen

His green eyes were mesmerizing and Mar could stare into them for days.

Instead, she snapped her eyes back towards the fridge again.