02. Miguel Out Of Mexico

"Can I get some of the bull chips?" Mar had spoke up.

Robby's head snapped towards Mar.

This was the first time she had spoken to him since.

"Bull chips?" Robby repeated with furrowed brows.

"The chips with the bull on it." Mar had said in a 'duh' tone.

"Right." Robby's lips pulled together in a straight line as he reached over for the bag of chips. "I really like these."

"I do too." Mar had said as she took the chips from his hands, her eyes glued to the map and her phone in her lap as she examined the information on google. "I wanna like buy a hundred of these and carry it back to the Valley."

Robby smiled, not because of Mar's joke, but because she had smiled.

Mar had handed back the snack to Robby, her eyebrows drawn together as she focused on the map on her lap.

"No, you can take the rest." Robby had quickly pushed the chips back towards the girl.

Mar had finally looked towards Robby.

Robby felt his breath hitch in his throat.

Although he had seen Mar's face so many times before, it didn't stop him from always getting butterflies whenever she looked at him.

He still found her beautiful even as she tiredly stared at him, her hair messily poking out in places and her eyebags were prominent.

The boy fell in love with Mar every time he saw her again.

"But you said you liked them too." Mar had spoke up to the boy.

"I'm full." Robby had told the girl softly. "Go ahead, take them."

Mer hesitated before she took the chips, folding it up before she shoved it in her pocket.

She then went back to studying the location on her phone that she had found from the map.

"Alright, how you guys coming along?" Johnny had asked as he approached the two teens.

"I got a match to my phone, I think." Mar had responded as she glanced up to the man. "Only a few more miles to go and it looks like a lot of bars and restaurants."

Johnny inhaled and exhaled deeply as he chewed on whatever he was eating before looking to a Mexican man. "Let's ask this guy."

Mar looked at Johnny warily before she shook her head, going back to researching on the place.

Johnny and the man had a very confusing conversation due to the language barrier, the man walking away in frustration.

"Can you believe this guy?" Johnny scoffed as he turned back to Robby and Mar, Robby looking at him with a type of look. "What?"

Mar looked up from the map and phone finally.

"I don't know, I just think that if this Hector guy is really that dangerous as we think he is then we shouldn't just be throwing his name around." Robby had shrugged at his dad.