03. Anthony LaBULLYo

Groaning, Mar's eyes fluttered open and she panicked slightly as she saw herself in an unfamiliar place.

However, she soon remembered that she was in Hawk's mancave, causing her to visibly relax.

She felt something cold touch her neck and pulled out an ice-pack.

When Mar had fell on the stairs after her dad had yelled at her, it didn't hurt in the moment but it had swelled up a lot and Mrs. Moskowitz noticed it, which is why she made Mar sleep with the icepack behind her head on the swelling.

Mar held the ice pack to her forehead, the coldness from the pack gone a little.

The teen girl heard footsteps coming down the stairs and she sat up.

The footsteps was revealed to belong to Caroline, Eli's mom.

"Hey, Mar." Caroline smiled as she walked over to the couch.

"Hey Mrs. Moskowitz." Mar smiled at the woman she once had a strong bond with.

Mrs. Moskowitz sat down on the part of the couch where Mar's legs weren't before she placed another ice pack behind Mar's head. "I brought you another ice pack incase the swelling didn't go down yet."

"Thanks." Mar smiled thankfully as she raised her hand and held the ice pack herself.

"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Moskowitz asked as she rest a hand on the girl's leg, rubbing it soothingly.

"I'm feeling alright for now, Mrs. Moskowitz." Mar smiled sadly at the woman. "Thanks for letting me crash here."

"You know you're always welcomed here, Mar." Mrs. Moskowitz smiled at the girl. "And remember it's Carol to you, missy."

Mar laughed, nodding.

"Hey, mom! Are you down here?" A voice called out and heavy footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

Mar visibly panicked, her eyes widening.

"Yes I am and I have a surprise for you." Carol had called back to her son, standing up.

"What is it?" Hawk asked before he appearred at the bottom of the stairs, Mar being hidden from view by Carol.

"Ta-da!" Carol cheered before she stepped to the side.

Hawk's eyes widened and he went still at the sight of his ex-bestfriend on his couch covered with his blanket.

Hawk's lips parted as he glanced to Mar then the bags of clothes on the floor next to her.

"What the hell?" Hawk's jaw clenched.

"What's wrong?" Carol asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "You were telling me yesterday that you and Mar fell out and that you were sad you guys stopped talking again and-"

"Mom." Hawk groaned in annoyance.

"You're sad we stopped talking again?" Mar asked him as she pushed the cover to the side, still holding the ice pack to the back of her head.

"Oh don't get me started on how depressed he was the first time you guys fell out." Carol laughed. "He wouldn't tell me what happened but-"

"Mom, can you give Mar and I a second to talk?" Hawk asked, his jaw clenched and his face tinted pink in embarrassment.

"Oh, okay." Carol frowned at Hawk before she turned to Mar. "I'll be upstairs making lunch if you need me."

"Okay, thanks." Mar said quietly.

Carol hummed with a nod before she went walked off upstairs.

Hawk waited until his mother was gone before he turned to Mar angrily.