05. Fights

"Yeah but you guys can't quit." Miguel groaned out.

"I got yelled at, got my ass kicked, and then gave him my money." Demetri scoffed at Miguel as he followed Demetri and Mar around that morning. "You know who lives like that? Hookers."

"Yeah, but he's not that bad of a guy. You guys gotta give him a chance." Miguel quickly offered. "You don't know him like I do."

"Uh, that's hooker talk." Mar said quickly, folding her arms as she and Demetri turned to face Miguel.

"Why are you dropping out again?" Miguel asked the girl with a raised brow.

"One, because your sensei insulted my stash." Mar scoffed as she pointed to her slight mustace hairs on her face. "And two when someone does anything to Demetri, they also do it to me. Eli, Demetri and I come in a package."

"But Eli's staying." Miguel frowned.

"Yeah well Eli is Eli. He could use the ability to protect himself." Mar snapped annoyedly.

"And you guys don't need protection?" Miguel snapped back.

"We don't need to learn karate when we have you." Demetri quickly cut in as he nodded behind them towards Kyler.

Kyler nervously walked away after connecting eye contact with Miguel.

"See? No one's gonna mess with you." Demetri smiled before patting Miguel's shoulder.

Mar slipped her hand into Demetri's before she pulled him away, the two walking towards their next class together.

🥋

"Mar! Wait up!"

Mar turned her head confusedly to see Sam jogging up to her.

"Uh, hey, Sam." Mar cleared her throat.

"Listen Mar. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being such a bully to you for the last few years. I stood by and watched as Yasmine and Alyssa tortured you and I should've done something but I didn't and I'm really sorry. You don't have to forgive me but I wanted to let you know how truly sorry I am." Sam blurted out.

Mar blinked, her eyes slightly wide as she processed the words.

"Yeah, sorry to bother you." Sam sighed out before beginning to walk away.

Mar quickly grabbed Sam's arm, stopping her from walking away.

"I forgive you. It's not like you were the one beating the shit out of me anyways." Mar said softly.

Sam's lips tugged up to a wide smile.

"I have a date later, so how about we hang at my house tomorrow?" Sam said excitedly.

"Hang? Like as in friends?" Mar asked.

"Yeah, me and you, we're besties now." Sam beamed before raising her hands in mock defense. "I don't make the rules."

"Well whoever did make the rules, tell them I love them." Mar joked with the smallest of smiles.

Sam laughed as she put out her hand. "Give me your phone."

Mar got her phone out of her pocket handing it to Sam.

"What's your password?" Sam questioned.

Mar scrunched her face before sighing. "Pete Davidson. Capital P and Capital D. And no space between."