02. Runaway

Mar marched into Cobra Kai, an angry look on her face.

"No gi today and you show up when class is already over." Tory had noted playfully as she approached the girl. "What's up?"

"Where's Robby?" Mar asked, taking off her shoes.

"He's in the back talking to Kreese, I think." Tory had said, tilting her head at the girl.

Tory was about to ask the girl what happened but Mar walked past Tory quickly, heading straight towards the backroom where Robby and Kreese were stood standing.

"Robby." Mar had called out as she saw the boy.

"Lachlan, you're late." Kreese had said with a disappointed look on his face. "I expect better of you, you-"

"You broke up with me over text?" Mar yelled at Robby, folding her arms.

The Cobra Kai students in the front room all exchanged glances at this.

They had been about to leave but stayed and quieted down so that they could hear the drama.

"Mars, quiet down." Robby said softly.

"Don't call me Mars." Mar snapped, her face tinted red.

"I'll excuse myself." Kreese cleared his throat as he walked out of the backroom, shutting the door behind him.

Kreese came face to face with Felix who had just exited the bathroom. "What's going on?"

"Lachlan and Keene are talking it out in the backroom." Kreese cleared his throat.

"What?" Felix's brows drew together. "Oh shit."

"You break up with me even after everything we've been, through, Robby?" Mar had yelled in the backroom. "Why?"

"Mar, just leave." Robby had said to her calmly. "Leave and never come back here, you hear me?"

"No, Robby I want you to tell me why you broke up with me!" Mar yelled loudly. "Tell me!"

"Mar, no. Please just leave." Robby sighed out as he walked towards her.

"No!" Mar yelled as she pushed Robby, causing him to stumble back very slightly. "Tell me why you broke up with me over text you dickhead!"

Robby saw that Mar wasn't leaving like he wanted her too, causing him to inhale before he said five words that he would forever regret.

"I just don't love you." Robby had said softly.

And even though he tried to say it so that only Mar could hear, everyone had heard him.

Mar stared at him, her lips parting in shock.

"Not anymore." Robby continued as he avoided eye contact with Mar.

"You're lying." Mar said, shaking her head. "Tell me you're lying."

"I'm not." Robby said, his expression stonecold. "I stopped loving you and now I just want us to give each other space."

Mar pursed her lips, nodding. "If that's what you really want."

"It is." Robby said, looking to the side.

Mar nodded, licking her dry lips.

She waited for a few seconds.

She didn't know what she was waiting for- for Robby to laugh and say it was all a sick prank or for him to at least show some emotion that told her he regretted doing this.

But she got nothing.

Mar looked around the room, wiping her eyes before she just walked off.

She opened the door to see that the entirety of Cobra Kai had just heard what had happened.