01. Kreese's Gift

Mar's father wrapped an arm around Mar's shoulder.

"Don't push it, Michael." Mar said as she removed his hand from around her shoulder.

The man sighed as he folded his arms before looking around.

They were at the cemetery, watching Lilith's casket be lowered into the grave.

Only some of Lilith's co-workers showed up and people from her rehab circle, and Demetri.

Michael had met the odd boy years ago, always thought he was a loser.

Demetri was quiet, slipping his hand into Mar's.

He gave her hand a squeeze and Mar squeezed back.

Demetri was Mar's only friend at the moment.

And as Mar watched the men shove the dirt pile unto the casket, she couldn't help the tear that escaped.

She quickly wiped it, trying to stay strong.

The past few weeks have been the worst.

No word from Robby or Felix, her dad getting full custody of her, Michael and Felix's mom finally legally divorcing and Michael getting full custody of Felix, nobody besides Demetri coming to check up on her.

And at that moment, Mar had wished she jumped off the cliff.

Mar's thoughts were suddenly interrupted as someone cleared their throat.

Mar whirled around, her breath hitching in her throat at the sigh of Hawk.

"Hey." Hawk said, glancing to Demetri then Michael and finally to Mar.

"Hi." Mar replied before eyeing the bouqet of roses in his hand.

"Honey, who's this?" Michael asked, wrapping an arm around his daughter again as he eyed the boy who looked like nothing but trouble.

"This is Eli." Mar rolled her eyes.

"Eli? As in the- Bruh I didn't even notice the lip!" Michael laughed before squinting his eyes as he leaned his head closer to see Hawk's scar above his lip.

Hawk shifted uncomfortably under Michael's stare, resisting the urge to hide his lip with his hand.

"Michael can you just shut up?" Mar snapped.

"I'm going to go uh, get some vodka from the car." Michael said before he walked away.

"The Golden Trio back together." Hawk smirked as he glanced to Demetri who clenched his jaw.

"We're not back together." Mar snapped before eyeing Hawk. "Where's your little group that always follows you around? The oompa-loompas?"

"Gave them a day off." Hawk smirked with a shrug.

"Why are you even here, Hawk?" Mar sighed frustratedly.

"I wanted to be here for you." Hawk said, his arms folded.

"Hawk, I don't think you got the memo, but we're currently at war." Demetri said with a frowm.

"Yeah I got the memo loud and clear. Especially when your boyfriend and your brother killed Miguel." Hawk clenched his jaw as he looked to Mar.

"They didn't kill him." Mar quickly said.

"Yeah well tell to to Miguel's lifeless body at the hospital." Hawk snapped before glancing to Demetri before glancing to Demetri and Mar's hands that were entertwined. "How come he's allowed to be here without you having a fit?"

"Because he's the only person in this shitty town who is unproblematic and came up to check on me." Mar said, her grip on Demetri's hand tightening.

"Unproblematic my ass." Hawk scoffed.