10. Alone

⚠️TW⚠️ SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

🥋

"It's just sprained so you're free to go." The doctor smiled.

Mar cradled her sprained wrist that was wrapped up to her chest.

"And her bruises?" Lilith questioned with a sigh.

"She has a few bruises on her stomach and legs but if you just dab this antibacterial on it everyday, it'll go away." The doctor said before handing the bottle to Lilith.

"Uh, thank you." Mar said as she stood up from the bed.

"Just take it easy alright? No more fights for about a month." The doctor warned.

"I'll try my best." Mar smiled before she walked out of the room.

"Mariah Lachlan, you're getting into fights? You were never the type to get into fights!" Lilith exclaimed.

"I got beat up all the time, Lilith, I'm sorry that you never noticed." Mar snapped as she turned to face her mother.

Lilith sighed, massaging her temples. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Mar snapped.

Lilith sighed out tiredly. "It was your boyfriend and Felix that did this, right? Felix is a good boy, did you boyfriend pressure him into-"

"Mom! My boyfriend is amazing and it was a mistake. Just go home okay? I have somewhere to be." Mar snapped before she walked off.

Lilith sighed, fighting back her tears as she watched her daughter walk off.

She was a terrible mother and she wondered if she had actually been there for her daughter... would any of this happen?

Lilith sighed bitterly as she folded her arms, walking out of the hospital and towards her car.

She was almost eleven months sober, yet she had one destination in mind, not caring about the consequences.

The bar.

🥋

Mar stood at the edge of the cliff, looking at the waves crashing against the rocks.

She played with the ring on her finger.

The sun had set hours ago yet here she was, staring at the full moon sobbing as she gave up hope of Robby coming.

This was their spot.

So why hadn't he come?

Why was he not here?

"Mars?"

Mar whirled around at the name.

"Robby." She whispered out in relief before she ran towards Robby, engulfing him in a hug.

She then quickly pulled away, holding his face in her hands before cringing at the pain in her wrist.

"Your wrist." Robby furrowed his brows as he held her hand in his.

"Yeah, Alyssa did some damage to me." Mar laughed dryly.

"But you beat her ass, right?" Robby questioned.

"Totally." Mar said, causing the two to laugh, sniffling slightly.

Robby dipped his head down, connecting their lips.

Felix awkwardly shifted his weight from one foot to the next, looking at the ocean.

"Mar, Felix and I.. we have to leave or else the cops'll take us away." Robby said as he pulled away.