03. Lilith

Mar had taken a long cold shower that morning before she left for the hospital.

Eli insisted he went along with her but Mar told him she needed to be alone with her dad.

Eli had hesitantly agreed.

Now, the girl walked towards the room where her dad was in his coma.

The door to the room was opened, Mar inhaling deeply before she stepped inside.

However, the girl was taken aback.

Felix sat with his back turned to Mar, crying.

He had not been aware of Mar's arrival.

"I fucking hate you, you know that." Felix had sobbed out to his dad. "You ruined everything, even my relationship with mom."

Mar stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"But I miss you dad." Felix's cries lessened. "You may have been an idiotic dick head but you're still my dad. Me and Mar's dad."

Mar had been contemplating just walking off, but now she was curious.

"I hate Mar too, she chose Sam over me." Felix sniffled, Mar feeling guilty. "Who am I kidding. I could never hate Mar. But I want to. I need to. How could she not choose my side. How could she leave me? I said some things to her after the competition that I hate myself for saying but I don't regret it because maybe it'll knock some sense into her. The house is so empty without you and Mar. I just want things to go back to normal, but how could it? How could we put this stupid karate war aside when there's so much things stopping that? I'm tired."

Felix had said nothing more, just resting his head on Michael's lap.

Mar quietly left the room, a tear slipping down her cheek.

She too had missed Felix.

🥋

"Thank you for meeting me." Orion had said with a smile as the waitress had just left their table after taking their orders.

The two were sat in a little cafe situated not far from Orion's restaurant.

The waiters were dressed similar to pandas as the restaurant was panda themed.

The tables and chairs were made of bamboo and the wallpaper were a realistic jungle.

"Of course." Mar had quickly told the man, still a little frazzled from hearing Felix talk to Michael in the hospital. "Thank you so much for checking up on my dad."

"No problem at all, Mariah." Orion had said softly.

"My dad means the world." Mar had said as she looked down to the table. "I mean, I know he was a bad person but I truly believed he's changed. Plus he's the only parent I got left."

Orion looked as if he wanted to tell Mar something, get it off his chest.

He opened his mouth to speak.

However, nothing came out.

"I've gotten a little bit into my mom's diary." Mar had then spoke up, Orion already knowing where she was going with this. "Um.. when you told me that you and my mom dated, I didn't know that you guys were like serious."