08. Kreese's Gift

"Felix?" Mar asked confusedly as she and Robby exited the car.

Robby had told her that he was coming to karate with her, not wanting her to do this alone.

That and he didn't trust Hawk around his girl.

It was the next day and Mar and Robby had spent most of the night in Felix's room, binging Star Wars and eating all the ice cream to help the teen boy feel better about seeing his ex with the boy she cheated on him with.

Mar had expected Felix to just break down and cry but he had surprised her by keeping his cool.

He was quiet most of the night and Mar thought he had died for heartbreak or something, having to check up on him every thirty minutes.

Mar didn't mind though.

She had loved taking care of Felix, knowing that his mother wasn't there for him and he hated his father.

"You guys left me." Felix said increduously, narrowing his eyes at the couple. "I had to uber here and I also still got here before you all, seriously do you drive that slow?"

"We didn't know that you wanted to come firstly, and secondly we stopped for something to eat." Mar shrugged.

"Well after what I saw last night.. I.. I just wanted to come uh, check it out." Felix shrugged.

Mar and Robby exchanged a glance.

The three entered the dojo, Mar in her gi while the two boys wore their casual clothes.

Kreese had been punching a dummy, an "Ai!" at every hit.

He had turned towards the three at the sound of the bell above the double doors ringing.

"Mariah, good morning." Kreese said as Mar took off her shoes and bowed before entering unto the mat. "I see that you've brought guests."

"Uh well they came on their own, didn't ask them to." Mar said as she glanced to Robby and Felix who had also walked unto the mat.

"Oh." Kreese nodded, making an 'O' shape with his mouth as he watched the three students.

"Well... Nice to have you both." Kreese smiled warmly and the bell was heard dinging, signalling that someone had entered. "There's some coffee over there, doesn't taste the best but it still-"

"What the hell is this?" Someone asked and Mar turned to see Hawk, Tory and other students behind him. "What are you two doing here?"

"Hey, I don't appreciate you talking like that to my brother and boyfriend." Mar glared her eyes at Hawk as Hawk and the other students walked up to them.

"Yeah well I didn't appreciate when they knocked Miguel into a coma." Hawk snapped back.

Mar opened her mouth to respond but was cut off by Kreese.

"Hold on there." Kreese said as he raised a finger."Mr. Keene and Mr. Lachlan are our guests, like how Mar once was."

Hawk clenched his jaw.

🥋

Hawk and Kreese were now in Kreese's office after Hawk had requested to speak to his sensei privately.

"They're not one of us." Hawk hissed at Kreese, glancing to Mar who had a tight grip on Robby's arm.

It looked like he was trying to leave.

"With the All Valley back on, we need as much strength as we can get." Kreese shrugged, his arms folded.

"We don't need them. They put Miguel in the hospital. They're the enemy." Hawk rambled on, trying his best to convince Kreese not to let the two boys join. "And before you ask why I didn't act like this for Mar it's because she was my friend and Mar wouldn't do anything to hurt Miguel, unlike Felix and Robby."