04. Mall Fights

"Hey."

Mar snapped her head to see Demetri.

She was currently sat on a flat surface on her roof, a place she used to go with Demetri and Eli to stargaze.

"How'd you get in?" Mar asked as she shifted to the side so that Demetri could sit next to her.

"It's wasn't easy, I'll tell you that. Firstly, Felix answered the door. He and I had small talk and he asked me why I was here at so late. When I told him I was here to talk to you, he told me to eff off and that you were mad at me. Then Rosita came in and pulled me away and walked me to your room and then I saw your window open and knew you were up here." Demetri explained.

"Well Felix was wrong." Mar said.

Demetri furrowed his brows as he looked to Mar. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not mad at you." Mar shrugged.

"You're not?" Demetri asked incredulously.

"Yeah, it was in the past, people make mistakes, let's just move on from it, yeah?"

"Yeah." Demetri smiled as he nodded before turning to face Mar again. "Does that mean you're going to befriend Eli again?"

"Hell no." Mar said, causing Demetri and her to laugh.

"He called me the p word earlier today." Demetri said.

"Pussy?" Mar questioned with furrowed brows.

"Yeah." Demetri nodded.

"Why'd he do that?" Mar asked confusedly.

"Because I didn't want to join Cobra Kai." Demetri said. He wasn't lying. He was just bending the truth.

"Well Hawk is the pussy. I know Eli is somewhere in there." Mar said with a nod.

"You really think so?" Demetri questioned.

"Yeah, under all that blue hair dye, intense gel and cologne, Eli is there." Mar said before turning to face Demetri. "So you're joining karate, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess I can also use the ability to protect myself." Demetri said with a stretch.

Mar smiled, nodding in understandment.

"Talking about karate, what's going on between you and Keene. Hawk told me you two were dating?" Demetri questioned with a small smile.

"Yeah, we are." Mar smiled as she played with Robby's ring on her finger. "I like him a lot."

"Well if you like him a lot then as childhood best friend, I approve." Demetri said with a smile.

Mar laughed, shaking her head.

"I really missed this." Mar said with a small smile. "The three of us were inseperable."

"Yeah well you know what they say. Trios never work out." Demetri said.

"It worked out for like eight years." Mar shrugged before standing up with a stretch.

"I'm gonna head to bed, and you need to head home for your first day of karate tomorrow." Mar laughed.

Demetri groaned before also standing up.

🥋

The next day, the Miyagi-Do students were taking chances on the board in the pond with the wheel-technique.

"I think I have it down." Felix said from where he and Sam were on the board.

"Yeah, you just have to out some more power into your front kick." Sam said as they continued the routine.