06. Encounter with Kreese

Music blasted through Mar's ears as she walked into Miyagi-Do.

She had bought a a new picture frame for Mr. Miyagi's photo.

She put the photo in the frame before she took off her headphones.

She smiled proudly at the man, her hands on her hips.

Suddenly, she heard someone punching the punching bag out back.

Her eyes drew together in confusion, it was already so early who could possibly be here at this hour?

"Sam? Robby? Deme-who am I kidding." Mar mumbled out the last part before she finally slid open the door and stepped outside.

Mar was taken aback to see an older man punching the bag.

He looked familiar but Mar couldn't quite place who it was.

"Sorry we don't accept people over the age of twenty. They could get a heart attack and sue us or something." Mar said as she folded her arms.

"I'm not here to train." The older man smiled mischievously.

"Then what are you here for? Plumbing services? Cause the toilet is inside." Mar shrugged.

The man chuckled slightly. "I like you, which is why I'm giving you an offer."

"I feel like you're about to ask me to sign a deal with the devil." Mar shuddered.

"My name is John Kreese, I'm the sensei of Cobra Kai along with Johnny." The man said as he smiled lopsidedly. "I'm here to offer you a spot on the team."

"Is this considered deal with the devil in the karate universe?" Mar asked before sighing. "Listen, thanks for the offer but if you don't get out of here I'm going to kick you in the balls."

"Feisty." Kreese nodded before continuing. "Miyagi-Do is too soft for a person like you. I see that fire within you, the fire that could make you win fights and become badass. Don't let Miyagi-Do extinguish that fire."

"I- I don't have a fire." Mar said, shaking her head. "I'm a terrible karate student I-"

"There's no such thing as a terrible student, only a bad teacher." Kreese said causing Mar to furrow her brows.

"Daniel Larusso isn't going to teach you correctly. He's only going to degrade you and the other students and elevate his daughter, try to make her better than you. People like the Larussos only care about themselves." Kreese said shakily.

Mar looked down to the floor in thought.

"In Cobra Kai you're treated fairly and we don't go soft on anyone or elevate some while putting others down." Kreese smirked coldly. "With Cobra Kai you can become stronger than Sam could ever be."

Mar didn't know what to say.

A mental battle was going through her mind.

She didn't know why she was feeling this way or why she was seriously thinking about Cobra Kai.

"Mar?"

Mar snapped her head to see Daniel, her eyes wide in fear.

"I guess the early birds catch the worms." Daniel laughed as he placed a hand on Mar's shoulder. "Who're you out here with? Robby?"

Daniel looked outside and then, Kreese appeared from behind the punching bag.

"It's a cute little place you got here." Kreese smirked to Daniel. "You teach karate, or gardening?"

"So, this is what it comes to? Breaking and entering?" Daniel snapped as he took a protective step infront of Mar. "Did you do anything to her? I swear if you did-"