01. Miguel In Mexico

"Mar, don't feel too-"

"I'm an idiot!" Mar paced up and down Johnny Lawrence's apartment. "How could I tell him it was a good idea?!"

She was distraught at the news of Miguel's father being a criminal, hence why Carmen wanted to get away from him in the first place.

Her mind was haywire, knowing that if Miguel got badly injured it would be all her fault for encouraging him to go.

"You didn't know his dad was dangerous." Johnny soothed as he threw the last beer into his cooler.

"Yeah but I should've had common sense!" Mar groaned as she threw herself down onto the couch.

"Don't beat yourself up too much, we're gonna find him in one piece." Johnny told the girl as he had closed his fridge, standing up with the cooler. "But are you sure you wanna come? With your dad in the hospital and everything.."

"Mr. Digney offered to be there for my dad incase of anything." Mar had said as she stood up and put on her backpack.

"That Dixie-"

"Digney." Mar corrected the older man with an eyeroll.

"Dixie." Johnny eyed her, earning yet another eye roll from the girl. "Has a weird obsession with you."

"He doesn't." Mar said to him quickly. "He was just inlove with my mom."

"And now he's inlove with you." Johnny had said, causing a horrified face to appear on Mar's face.

"Sensei!" Mar groaned, slapping the man.

Nothing more was said as knocking could be heard on the door.

As she was the one closer to the door, Mar walked towards it.

She opened the door, her face falling.

Robby Keene stood on the other side.

"What are you doing here?" Mar clenched her jaw.

"He's going with us to Mexico." Johnny had said from behind Mar, causing the girl to snap her head to him.

"You said it was going to be a father-son bonding experience." Robby frowned at his father.

"You didn't tell him we were going to-"

"I'm trying to fix both of our relationships." Johnny quickly said, eyeing Mar weirdly for her to get the hint. "Me and Robby's relationship and you and Robby's relationship."

"Yeah well you two can do your father-son bonding but Robby and I do not need to repair our relationship right now." Mar snapped at Johnny before she pushed past Robby, making her way towards the car.

Robby and Johnny exchanged a glance.

🥋

Mar's arms were folded across her chest as she leaned against the Eagle Fang van.

The drive through the Mexican border was quiet, seeing as Mar had been asleep for the majority of it.