04. First Day Blues

Mar arrived at her new job, the table just being cleaned so that the store could be opened.

The girl made her way to the backroom, about to make her way to the manager's door but was stopped by someone.

"Bossman's busy so he told me to guide you through your job." Hugh had said, holding something in his hand.

"Oh, okay." Mar had cleared her throat.

"Here's your worker's outfit." Hugh had said as he handed her a neatly folded outfit before he pointed to a room at the end of the hall. "Get changed in that room and then I'll have another waiter show you exactly what you should do."

"Okay." Mar had nodded before she made her eay towards the room.

The girl stripped down to her bra and underwear, goosebumps arising on her skin from the cold air.

Mar quickly slipped on her work outfit after she had packed her shirt and pants into her bag.

The girl then frowned as she looked in the mirror.

The outfit was far too short for her liking and the neck slit was dangerously low, showcasing a lot of cleavage.

The girl felt very uncomfortable in the outfit, throwing her bag strap over her shoulder before she walked out of the room.

"Uh, Mr. Hugh?" Mar had called out, the man turning to face her. "I think that my outfit is too short."

The man looked at her up and down creepily. "No, it's perfect."

"I don't feel comfortable in it." Mar had cleared her throat.

"Well welcome to the real world where you don't get everything you want." The man grumbled. "And meet unappreciative people who don't want to wear something you've worked hard on and stayed up the entire night to make."

Mar bit her bottom lip, not wanting someone to be mad at her already. "Sorry, sorry, I'll wear it."

"Good." The man grinned before turning towards the door. "Jacob! Come show the new girl what she has to do."

Almost immediately, a man had walked into the backroom, looking at Mar.

"Come on, new girl, we're opening soon so I gotta show you quickly." He said before he walked back out.

Mar quickly followed after him.

"So uh, are there any other women working here?" Mar had asked as she glanced around at all the men.

"Yeah, a lot of female chefs but one waitress and she's late as usual." Jacob replied before they got outside to the front desk. He took up a notepad and pen, handing it to her. "Okay so you just ask them politely what's their order, write it down, bring it to the chefs, collect the dishes, carry it back to the table, collect the dirty dishes when they leave, etc, etc. You don't need to clean the tables because we got cleaners for that. You got everything I just said?"

"Uh, yeah." Mar nodded, looking at her notepad and pen.

"Okay." Jacob hummed out before his eyes raked Mar up and down.

Mar looked to the security guard at the door who wasn't even paying them any attention.

The girl uncomfortably folded her arms over her cleavage, the man smirking at her in response.

Was everyone working here so creepy?

Suddenly, the front doors opened, revealing a middle-aged woman smoking a cigarette.

She was already in her waitress outfit which Mar had to note was a lot more appropiate then Mar's outfit.

"Helen, no smoking inside!" Jacob groaned as he walked towards her, plucking the cigarette out of her mouth.