09. Prom Shenanigans

Ever since she had been approached by Johnny and Miguel, Mar had been thinking a lot about joining Eagle Fang.

That's why she had found herself at Johnny's door.

She had brought her mother's diary along with her as it was her newfound comfort item.

Raising her fist, she knocked on the door.

A gruff and then some shuffling could be heard from the other side of the door.

After a few moments, the door swung open.

Johnny furrowed his brows at the sight of the girl.

"Hey, Mr. Lawrence." Mar had cleared her throat.

"Hey." Johnny raised a brow. "How'd you know where I live?"

"I asked Miguel." Mar cleared her throat.

"Oh." Johnny nodded. "So what're you doing here?"

"Uhh, I was just um, wondering if you guys got any girls to join the um, team." Mar had nodded.

"Yeah, we got this badass chick." Johnny had said. "But we could still use more."

"Well, you're in luck because I would like to join the team." Mar had said with a hopeful smile.

Johnny folded his arms with a smile. "I wanna see what you got first."

"What? Really?" Mar had said before she shrugged, going into fighting stance. "Okay, and I'm not gonna go easy on you, old man."

"Not me." Johnny rolled his eyes, nodding behind Mar. "Him."

Mar turned to see Miguel who was staring at them.

Mar furrowed her brows. "Were you standing there the entire time?"

"Kinda." Miguel had shrugged as he walked over to them.

"Oh." Mar had scrubched her face, chills running through her spine.

"Alright, go on." Johnny nodded.

Mar inhaled, exchanging a glance with Miguel before they walked to the middle of the apartments.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're my girlfriend's bestfriend." Miguel smirked as he got into fighting stance.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're my bestfriend's boyfriend." Mar had smirked back.

"Alright, enough talking." Johnny rolled his eyes. "Fight!"

"Hiya!" Mar yelled as she threw an axe-kick at Miguel.

Miguel quickly blocked the kick.

He threw a punch to her face but Mar blocked it, throwing a roundhouse kick.

Miguel raised his arm, blocking the kick before he jumped up with a kick.

The kick had landed on Mar's stomach, causing her to huff.

"One point Diaz." Johnny had called out. "Fight."

Mar and Miguel had went into fighting stance again.

Mar fell to the side, sweeping Miguel's foot.

The boy fell to the floor with a groan.

The girl wind-milled her feet before landing a kick on Miguel's stomach.

Mar jumped up as Miguel groaned.

"Hey, don't damage my champ." Johnny had narrowed her eyes at her, causing the girl to raise her hands up in defense. "Point, Lachlan."