09. First Time

"I like to drive fast, but that was crazy. We're lucky we're alive." Robby said dramatically, a hand over his heart as he got out of the backseat.

"It wasn't that fast." Mar laughed, rolling her eyes.

"I almost puked from how fast it was!" Robby exclaimed.

"Sorry, I just... I know Miguel's been waiting for me." Sam sighed out as she opened her trunk and took out a blanket.

"So you're a little late, big deal." Mar rolled her eyes as Robby wrapped an arm around her. "He shouldn't give you a hard time about it."

"It's not just that." Sam sighed out as Mar took the blanket from her hand.

"Um, thanks." Sam smiled appreciatingly at Mar who nodded.

"I haven't told my dad that l'm dating Miguel, and I think Miguel knows now that l'm keeping it a secret." Sam sighed out as the three began walking slowly towards the party. "So it's been kind of awkward."

"Why have you been keeping it a secret?" Robby asked confusedly.

Sam sighed as she stopped walking, turning to face her best friends.

"Because my dad hates Miguel's sensei. Like, with a passion." Sam explained. "And I know if he found out, he would totally lose his shit. But I just feel so guilty. Like l've got to come clean to everyone."

Mar sighed out, feeling sorry for her stressed out friend.

"Sorry, I know this sounds like a total soap opera." Sam apologized for ranting to the two.

"Sam, I'm always here for you if you need to talk." Mar smiled at her best friend. "And also, your dad shouldn't be the decider of who you date. I say if you like Miguel you date him. If your dad gets in your way then just fake your death like Romeo and Juliet."

"Didn't both Romeo and Juliet die?" Robby asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah because Juliet was a dumbass. Sam and Miguel will survive though." Mar smiled.

"Oh god, this hill looks steep." Sam frowned as they looked at the sandy hill below them.

"Robby'll help you down." Mar offered.

"No, no, he's your boyfriend not-"

Mar cut off Sam by sliding down the hill without falling.

Sam laughed. "If I did that I would fall on my ass!"

"It's like skateboarding." Mar said. "Now let Robby help you down."

Sam reluctantly wrapped an arm around Robby's as the two of them made their way down the hill.

"Okay, it's actually a little more steep than I was expecting." Sam laughed.

"Okay." Sam said as they got to the bottom where Mar was waiting. "I'm pretty sure I couldn't come down that hill on my own."

"Yeah, no shit." Mar said, causing the three to laugh as they continued walking forward.

"Hey, hey." A voice called out.

The three looked forward to see a very angry Miguel.

"Hey." Sam beamed before worry took over her face at the sight of how angry Miguel was.

"Who's this guy?" Miguel asked as he took a slight step forward, face to face with Robby.

Mar furrowed her brows as Robby slipped his hand into hers.

"Hey, I..."

"Wait." Robby cut off. "This... This is your boyfriend?"

It had completepy slipped Mar's mind but Robby remembered Miguel as the dude who was hugging his dad.