02. Very Hot Old Dude

^^^MAR'S HALLOWEEN COSTUME

🥋

Mar sighed as she plopped her bag down unto the chair, facing the school guidance counselour who wore a warm smile.

Mar's mom had forced her into therapy against her will, saying that she had been acting out lately and she was unbearable.

Mar's mom also believed that the teen girl was acting out purely on the fact that her dad left.

But what child wouldn't act out when they found out that their dad had a second family and that the 'business meetings' he went on, he was actually in Florida with said second family.

"So Mariah, I want you to let everything off your chest. This is a safe space." The therapist, who Mar remembered her name to be Lexi, said.

"Safe space my ass. Everything I say is gonna be recorded on some recorder hidden in the room and given to my mom and then she'll send me to some mental asylum." Mar scoffed, her arms folded.

"I can assure you that there's no recorder situated anywhere in the room. Selling your problems out to your mom is going against everything I stand for as the school's therapist." Lexi soothed. "How do you feel about your dad."

"He's a dickhead. I'm happy my mom divirced his ass. Not happy that he forgot all about my mom and I and is living it up with his second family." Mar shrugged.

"But you visited him and his second family awhile back am I right?" Lexi questioned.

"Yeah but I didn't talk to him. I only went to spend time with my half-brother Felix." Mar shrugged.

"So you're not mad at Felix? You don't blame him?" Lexi asked.

"I don't blame him. It's Michael that screwed up not him." Mar explained.

"Do you ever think you can forgive your dad for what he did?" Lexi asked, tapping her pen on the clipboard in her hand.

"Hell no." Mar scoffed. "He's such a screw-up, I don't care. I will never forgive him."

"And that's completely valid." Lexi nodded. "You have to remember though, people change and it's always best to keep that in mind."

"Nobody ever really changes. A version of their old self will forever be bottled up inside of them and one day that bottle will explode." Mar said wisely, a slow speed to her words.

Lexi nodded, impressesed by the girl.

She was clearly wise beyond her age and her marurity was rare in teens these days.

Lexi was determined to help this young teen.

🥋

Mar inhaled the weed in her hand, holding it in before exhaling it.

She was sat on a curb by the strip mall, by some karate place called Cobra Kai.

She didn't know much about it, she just knew that Miguel was a student in the place.

Mar frowned as a car pulled up next to her, their headlights shining into her eyes brightly.

She covered her eyes with her hands, squinting before the car shut off.

Mar mumbled curses under her breath at the sight of Daniel Larusso, Sam Larusso's dad.

Daniel shot a glance to the girl and frowned at the weed in her hand before he entered the karate place.