05. Cobra

"Man, it was so sick! Tory was just kickin' ass, I took care of Chris. Hawk got that beta Demetri
in an arm bar like Chris Jericho and then just..."

Mitch imitated the way Demetri's arm broke.

"Cold-blooded." Mitch laughed out. "No mercy!"

Mar fixed her gi, her thoughts haywire as she tried to silently calm her mind.

She hadn't.. no she couldn't stop thinking about Demetri.

She wondered that if she has stepped in if she would have avoided the pale boy's arm being broken.

But it didn't matter.

She made it clear what side she was on yesterday.

"I didn't think you were actually gonna do it." A voice said and Mar turned her head slightly to see Tory and Hawk talking.

"They got what they deserved for what they did to Miguel." Hawk said as Mar stepped forward a few so that she was next to the two, folding her arms. "Still haven't seen him, have you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Tory said before she walked away.

Mar and Hawk exchanged a glance.

Suddenly, everyone turned their heads towards the door as the bell dinged, signalling that someone had entered.

Mar's brow drew together slightly at the sight of Kyler and a few other random people.

"Class." Kreese said, causing Mar to turn to face him. "Welcome our new students."

Mar kept her arms folded, glancing to Hawk who looked slightly panicked.

"Everybody fall in!" Kreese ordered.

Mar stood next to Tory in natural stance on the mat.

"Joining Cobra Kai is a privilege. It's not a gift. Which is why our recruits must earn their position in this dojo. Prepare yourselves for combat. Only the strong will survive."

Mar had raised a brow.

She had done nothing to earn a spot on the team, yet she was welcomed with open arms.

What the hell is up with Kreese?

🥋

"Class, prepare for combat." Kreese ordered.

All the students stepped backwards standing on the sides of the mat.

"Holy shit! You remember? Look, it's the kid with the lip!" Kyler said to Brocks as he pointed to Eli.
"Yo, I thought he moved."

"Oh, shit. You're right! Right." Brocks laughed.

"Dude!"
"Whoa!"

"The hair kinda distracts you from it." Kyler pointed out.

Subconsciously, Eli had looked to Mar just like he did years ago whenever Kyler and Brucks would bully him.

He didn't know why but he expected Mar to step forward and say something witty to Kyler and Brucks, but instead she just stared forward blankly, her arms behind her back and Eli could see the mental storm swarming through his eyes.

"All right class!" Kreese called out. "Let the games begin.

Hawk clenched his jaw as he raised his chin.

That was the old him.

The old him relied on other people, Eli was weak.

But now, he has to fight his own battles.