06. Reunited At Last

Mar woke up the next morning with a pounding headache.

The world seemed to be spinning as Mar sat up, her hair all over the place and drool sliding down her cheek.

The girl wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, checking the time on her phone that Felix had kindly put to charge with his charger.

'4:07'

Mar rubbed her eyes.

She had slept for ten whole hours.

The girl had decided the first thing she should do was take a shower.

But before that, she had replied to messages from Eli worrying about where she was.

The girl had showered for a half an hour and then changed into the clothes that she hadn't taken to the Moskowitz's.

Mar had put on her favorite blue dress.

Mar had then made her way downstairs.

The girl turned into the kitchen, surprised at the sight of Felix cooking up something on the stove.

"Felix?" Mar had called out to the boy, almost believing that she had been hallucinating.

Felix glanced to the girl for a split second but looked back to the stove as he scrambled some eggs with a spatula.

"Hey, morning." Felix had called out as he shut off the stove, finally turning to Mar. "How's the hangover?"

"Shitty." Mar murmured, rubbing her eyes as she leaned against the counter. "My head's throbbing like crazy."

"I knew it would be." Felix had hummed out as he placed a glass filled to the brim with a green liquid on the counter next to Mar. "Drink up."

"Dad's hangover keen green drink?" Mar had asked with a hint of a smile on her tired face, picking up the glass and sniffing it as Felix nodded with a hum in response. "Haven't had to drunk one of these since.."

"Yeah well I figured since you haven't went drinking in so long, you'd want it." Felix had told the girl as he leaned against the counter.

Mar smiled at Felix lopsidedly. "How thoughtful of you."

"It's nothing." Felix had said with a smile as he turned back to the eggs.

Mar began to down the drink as Felix had set up two plates side by side on the counter infront of the high chairs.

He then emptied the eggs unto each plates before placing the pot in the sink as Mar had slammed the now empty glass on the counter, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

"I thought you had Cobra Kai training?" Mar had asked as she sat down on one of the high chairs facing the counter.

"Uh, I'm taking a break from Cobra Kai.." Felix had said, his tone slightly off as he grabbed the bread bag before putting a slice of bread on his plate and then a slice of bread on Mar's plate. "Probably just for today, because I've been um thinking about what you said and also something Robby said at the waterpark."

"What did Robby say say?" Mar questioned curiously as Felix walked towards the refrigerator, opening it up and taking out a carton of orange juice.

Mar watched as Felix silently grabbed two glasses from the cupboard before placing them next to the plates.

Felix sniffled, uncovering the carton before pouring it out into the two glasses.

He then looked at Mar as he screwed the cover back on.

"He said that he's quitting Cobra Kai because he realized that he had been blinded by his hatred for Daniel and Miguel and his dad." Felix had said, running a hand through his hair with a sigh. "He said that he realized how stupid and irrational he had been. How selfish he had been as well. He realizes that the world isn't against him and that his dad especially isn't."