07. Oreo

Mar exited the basement bedroom, sighing at the sight of Eli sleeping on the couch.

His hoodie was over his head, his face hiding in the cushion.

Mar walked over to him, taking his hoodie off slowly.

She then leaned down, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

The girl felt bad for her bestfriend.

He had just had his confidence stripped from him, and she was afraid that he would never get it back.

Mar wanted so badly to stay at home with Eli but couldn't as she had already used her sick week pass.

The girl walked up the stairs, grabbing up her skateboard on the way there.

Someone rang the bell at the front door repeatedly, causing Mar to frown as she didn't want it to wake Eli.

She quickly hurried to the front door and unlocked it before pulling it open.

Mar's brows drew together at the sight of Johnny Lawrence and Miguel Diaz at her front door.

"Hey guys." Mar had said, her brows furrowing together.

"Hey Mar." Miguel had smiled at her. "We just-"

"Listen, Lachlan, we need a badass chick on the team for the All Valley tournament." Johnny had cut off Miguel. "And I'm sure that you're a badass chick, so you should join Eagle Fang."

Mar glanced to Miguel, the boy giving her a meek look.

"Sorry, I'm not.. doing karate." Mar had said, clearing her throat.

"And why not?" Johnny furrowed his brows in annoyance.

"I just don't want to fight anymore." Mar had said, gripping unto her skateboard tightly. "Sorry, maybe you guys can check out the school? There's a lot of badass girls in the debate team."

"I don't need anymore nerds on the team." Johnny scoffed at Mar before he sighed. "Come on, Lachlan, with you on the team we have a high chance of beating Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai."

"I thought Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang were working together?" Mar's brows had drawn together.

"Nah, Larusso's too much of a pussy." Johnny had said, earning a look of disapproval from Miguel.

"I'm gonna be late for work." Mar sighed as she walked outside, shutting the front door behind her before looking to Miguel and Johnny. "Sorry. Good luck on finding someone."

"Yeah, yeah." Johnny rolled his eyes as Mar pushed past them, getting unto her skateboard and skating away.

"That's it, we've got no hope." Johnny muttered, massaging his temples.

"Oh, come on, sensei, don't give up! You haven't seen what our school has to offer!" Miguel had said to the man.

Johnny sighed, squinting his eyes. "You're right. Time to get us a badass chick."

🥋

Mar skated towards her job, her eyes widening before she quickly ducked behind a garbage can.

There stood infront of the restaurant was Michael.

Obviously, Felix had told him where to find her.

Mar contemplated whether she should face her father or hide behind the smelly garbage can until he leaves.

She was about to choose the latter but decided against it as it finally dawned upon her that her father cared.

He came to meet her, to talk to her.