Forget Friendship

When the training with Gunhead was over , the students made their way back to the dorms. Ochako was in search for the short tempered blonde, when she spotted him. He was walking with his usual group of friends which consisted of Kirishima, Denki, Sero and Mina. Jiro would occasionally be with them, same goes for Momo when she hangs out with the deku-squad.

The brunette had called out to him and he stopped in his tracks before coming over.

"Go on without me," he told his friends. Now like Izuku and Ochako, Katsuki had the most change in the class. His personality especially. Yes, he still had a temper but he was one of the most mature students. He, after a lot of time and pride, apologized fully to Izuku at the end of their first year. The two ex-bestfriends became friends once again. Bakugo had much respect for Izuku and vice-versa. 

"Sorry for busying you, I'll just take a minute of your time," she said, then suddenly feeling nervous. She hasn't told any of the guys in her class about her crush, so it was a bit embarrassing. She didn't dare look up at the blonde, he'd only make fun of her nervousness. She shifted her weight onto her other foot every few seconds and Bakugo's patience was running thin.

"Spit it out, round face," he sighed but rather gave her time to formulate words. He hated when people stuttered in front of him. It pissed him off... to an extent.

"I just wanted to know what you meant when you said I had to give Deku-kun a good show," she said softly and realization hit him. He chuckled before taking in her appearance. It was bothering her, he thought.

"You like the nerd, don't you?" he questioned and her face turned beet red. He knew all along. In fact he was surprised how dense Izuku really was, but didn't care enough to hint it to the boy at all.

"You won't tell anyone?" she asked hopefully and he rolled his eyes before walking away.

"It's none of my business, but he's caught the attention of the whole world. I say you have about until graduation before he has he's eyes on someone new," was the last thing he said before heading to the dorms. 

She took in what he said and thought about it.

She had to get his attention before graduation

She has eleven months to make him, hers. Forget about friendship, she wanted to be by his side for the rest of his life, until death do they part. 

She was going to be completely selfish and she didn't care one bit.

~~

Unfortunately for Ochako, getting his attention was tricky. There were girls everywhere in UA and they all had their eyes on him. At least every break, someone would be confessing to him or asking him out. Luckily his been saying no, but she wondered how long that would last before he'd say yes to some random extra. She mentally cursed for getting Bakugo's habit and for being in his company way too often.

"Kacchan," she heard the familiar sweet voice say and faced to the direction of him. Katsuki was walking towards him and they had a conversation, none to which Ochako could hear. She then walked towards them, Bakugo seeing her from the corner of his eye.

"Deku-kun," she said, the greenet facing her, Bakugo now standing next to Izuku. Katsuki was still an obvious inch taller than him, but still fairly the same height.

"Uraraka-san, did you want to walk to class together?" he asked. Bakugo was a good foot behind Izuku and nodded his head at Ochako. She was a bit confused but realized that he meant they could be alone together, giving her the perfect opportunity to confess her feelings. 

"Y-Yes!" She answered loudly making the students in the hallway quiet and face her. She flushed and said an embarrassed 'sorry'. Izuku just laughed and turned towards his explosive friend.

"Do you want to walk with us?" he offered but Katsuki shook his head.

"I gotta use the bathroom," he said and walked off, leaving the two alone.

They began walking in step, the girls in the hallway glaring at Ochako or watching the pair in envy. Subtle, she thought. She couldn't confess like this. The students will most definitely hear or his fan club might attack her; not to mention it'd be embarrassing if he rejected her. 

Then she realized.

What if he doesn't like me like that? I'm making a big deal out of confessing to him but he might not even think of me in a romantic way at all. 

She began rethinking her plan. What if she hinted it every so often about her feelings and if he didn't like her that way, he could bring it up and she'd just have to forget about him and cherish their friendship? Although she doubts they'd act the same around each other.

As they walked , she heard Izuku release a breath of... relief?

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He scratched the back of his neck and a blush coated his freckled cheeks.

"Well, I've been getting a lot of confessions lately, so I thought if I had you around they'd leave me alone for a while- but I'm not saying that in a bad way y'know. I appreciate it really, I've never had so many girls talk to me or like me before. It's just a bit overwhelming and on the plus side your one of the only girls that I can be myself around with," he rambled, making the girl  blush. Of course Izuku didn't find anything wrong in what he said but when he faced her he got worried.

"You're turning red Uraraka-san. Do you have a fever?" he placed his forehead on hers making the brunete completely lose her mind. Her heart was racing and she subconsciously held her breath. 

His face was so close to hers. If she moved forward their lips could touch and Ochako imagined what it would feel like. How soft or rough his lips would feel. If she'd get to be his first. He'd be her first as well, but Ochako immediately regained her senses.

"D-Deku-kun!" she shrieked and he stood up straight.

"Sorry, my mom used to do that when checking if I had a fever," he said as if he hadn't just caused the girl to have a mini heart attack. Luckily no one saw them.

"I'm fine really," she said in a hurry and entered the class, leaving a confused Izuku outside in the middle of the hallway.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

She couldn't get her self to breathe properly for the rest of the day. Her heart just didn't want to slow down. Izuku had too much on her and he didn't even know it. 

She walked with Asui to the dorms, too exhausted to get her training in for the day.

"You've been breathing weirdly," her best friend pointed out.

"I decided to tell Izuku how I feel, but it's really hard to say anything when he has no idea what he's doing to my heart," she whined. The hero in training wished their was a way he'd just know how she felt and asked her out instead. 

"Have you ever tried practicing in the mirror?" Asui suggested/asked. Ochako shook her head.

The pair  went straight to the common room to finish their homework. The girls had a small study session since it was the boys' turn to cook. It was usually Bakugo, Sero and Sato who would be head cook because the other boys had no clue on what to do. Izuku has learnt a bit, but he was better at making sweet things. 

When dinner was ready everyone gathered in the dining area. The food was placed on the tables and everyone began eating.

Ochako found herself in between Izuku and Mina. The worst place for her since Mina was the biggest izuocha shipper. At least that was what Mina had stated as Izuku and Ochako's ship name. 

Just like Ochako predicted, Mina was about to start her teasing , knowing that her friend's crush was right next to her.

"So, Uraraka~~"