New Years

"I'm all set if you are," Izuku said, his voice echoing in her bathroom. Ochako had her phone on speaker as she stripped from her clothes.

"I'm about to take a quick shower, give me fifteen minutes?" she asked, making Izuku hum, suddenly very interested.

"Shower? Want me to join?" he said in a teasing voice, Ochako blushed rolling her eyes.

"No thanks," she said before hanging up.

It was about four in the morning. The couple planned on watching the first sunrise of the new year together. They were going to the festival with some of the others and visit the shrine in a group. Their friends already left wanting to get there early before it was crowded. Ochako and Izuku didn't mind and stayed in hanging out a bit.

She finished her shower in record time, changing into her Kimono. The girls wanted to be traditional this year since all the other times they went casual.

Once she got to the common room, Izuku was sat on one of the couches. His head tilted back resting on the back of the sofa, his eyes closed. Ochako quietly walked up to him, leaning down to place a soft kiss on his lips. Izuku opened his eyes at the feeling and smiled into the kiss.

"Ready?" he asked and she nodded.

~~

The night breeze was surprisingly warm. Ochako was worried she'd die of hyperthermia, but the weather was definitely on her side. Izuku held her hand as they walked through the lively road. There were many different stalls like food, games and souvenirs etc.

Ochako practically drooled over the smell of many delicious dishes. Izuku smiled before taking her to buy something to eat. He payed for them like the gentleman he was.

"So good," Ochako said as she ate her food. Her face held one of delight, Izuku enjoying the view. She had messed just a little bit on the side of her lip, so he grabbed a napkin to wipe it off.

"You should of eaten something back at the dorm if you were hungry," he stated, throwing the paper away.

"And not eat delicious festival food?" she asked in a -are you serious?- type of tone.

He just laughed before she dragged him to try other food stalls. If there was one thing Ochako wasn't ashamed about, it was enjoying good food.

Since Ochako grew up with a budget, her usual meals were quite plain and she'd have to compromise most of the tine. Eating fancy or expensive food was rare for her, so you could imagine how many things she's tried with her work study money. Of course that was back in her first year, she went back to her usual saving money and being responsible.

Although Izuku loved this side of her.

"Want to get strawberry daifuku?" Izuku asked and she agreed excitedly. Sweets was one of her favourite things to eat. Izuku always made sure he had something sweet lying around in his room to give her.

"Uraraka!" a familiar voice yelled over the loud chatter of bystanders around them.

"Mina-san?" Ochako faced to the direction of the pink girl. Mina hugged her, almost making Ochako trip over her feet. Kirishima was few steps behind following her.

"Mina, don't go running off without me," he said in a worried tone. Mina was definitely lively, keeping Kirishima on his toes whenever she was out of his sight.

"Oh? Midoriya, Uraraka, you're finally here," Kirishima greeted Izuku with they guy hug. Mina and Ochako went off to buy the daifuku, the boys watching them carefully.

"Kaminari and Jiro are waiting at the bottom of the shrine for us. Mina wanted to look for you guys," he stated, the girls coming back with the treats.

"We're heading to the shrine," Izuku informed Ochako and she nodded.

The couples walked together, chatting along about anything and everything. As Ochako was eating her mochi, Izuku nudged her. She got the hint and took one in her hand. He opened his mouth as she fed him, blushing lightly. He smiled down at her shyness.

When they finally made it to the staircase, Jiro waved them over.

"C'mon, we've been waiting," Jiro and the girls were already walking up the stairs, the boys following behind them.

"Did Bakugo come? We always have to drag him to these things," Denki asked as he held his hands behind his head.

"Well we all planned to go, the couples I mean. Bakugo is probably enjoying the quiet and peacefulness back in the dorm," Kirishima laughed, thinking to his explosive friend. Katsuki usually never came to these things, but if his friends dragged him, he would be there. He would never admit that he enjoyed spending time with them though.

"Does that mean Todoroki-kun and Momo-san is here?" Izuku asked, the boys nodded their head.

"They're spending some alone time, y'know? Apparently he's going to ask her to be his girlfriend," Kirishima stated, Izuku shocked but happy at the news. Shoto was very new to these type of things, so it was surprising.

"I wonder what type of boyfriend he'd be,"Denki thought aloud. Since Shoto is well... Shoto. Him having a girlfriend would be shocking, but Momo seems to handle him well.

"Why don't you date him and find out?" Kirishima joked and Denki winced.

"I don't swing that way man, I have Jiro," he grinned widely, the boys looking at their respective girls in front of them.

They reached the top of the stair, the shrine was filled with people. Luckily they went early so the line wasn't as long.

They all stood in line, waiting for their turn. After a few minutes they walked up and prayed for their new years wish.

Once the group finished, they looked at each other with a smile.

"Lets have another good year together guys!" Mina yelled before dragging Kirishima to the fortune stalls.

They all decided to do the same, getting their fortunes.

"I'm getting good luck this year," Ochako stated, everyone telling their fortunes as well.

"What's the time?" Jiro asked, everyone taking out their phones simultaneously.

"The sun should be coming up soon," Izuku stated reaching for Ochako's hand.

"This is where we depart," Denki says, the couples going their separate ways.

Izuku took Ochako to a secret spot. Well it wasn't that much of a secret, but nobody usually went to the place anyway.

It was behind the shrine. An old staircase that lead to the top of the hill.

"C'mon," he pulled her a long as she tried to move quickly in her outfit. When they made it to the top, the sun's raise was already showing, but hadn't come up yet.

"Let's have another great year together Izuku," Ochako faced him and pressed her lips to his.

But at that moment their lips met, the sun came up and the new year began.