Bets

It was Sunday evening and Izuku had finally gotten back to the dorms. The common was lively as ever. Just how he liked it. 

He sighed.

He was more interested in talking to a certain brunette. When she wasn't among the crowd, he walked to the group of girls that surrounded one of the couches.

"Hey guys, have you seen Uraraka-san?" he asked and the girls looked almost relieved to see him.

"She went straight to her dorm when we saw her," Momo stated.

"She looked tired as hell," Jiro said, making Izuku wince.

"She locked herself inside her room," Hagakure whined.

"She wouldn't answer us at all after that," Asui replied before staring straight back at Izuku, "Did you guys have a fight?" she asked.

He looked away in shame, he wasn't sure if that was a fight. Ochako just left, wanting to be alone.

"I don't know," he sighed and the girls looked at him worriedly before Mina punched him in the arm.

"If she's sad because of something you did, this will be the last day of your life," she threatened. Izuku took a step back, he didn't at all underestimate the girls in his class. They could kill him if they really wanted to.

"I'm not sure if I did something, we haven't spoken since Friday night," he admitted.

"Where were you guys?" Jiro asked.

"My mom,"

"You introduced her to your mom!" the girls squealed in excitement. Once again girls being, Mina and Hagakure, although the others looked excited as well.

"We had an incident and I guess we got embarrassed. We could barely look each other in the eye," he sighed and flopped onto the couch.

"I see;Ochako probably wasn't mad at you then. She's just over thinking," Asui assured him. He felt a little better knowing she wasn't upset at him specifically, but he still wanted to see her. Comfort her.

"You guys will be fine, I'm sure of it," Momo said before heading back to her room. The rest of the girls doing the same.

Izuku closed his eyes. He wanted to figure out what was wrong. When he opened his eyes again, two pairs were staring right back at him.

"Midoriya! "Denki and Mineta yelled at him.

"What were all the girls doing around you?" Denki quizzed.

"I should have known you'd be the first to have your own harem," Mineta cried out before Izuku hit them both behind the head.

"We were just talking about Uraraka-san, she isn't feeling well. Besides, Mina-san and Kirishima-kun are basically together. Same with Hagakure-san and Ojiro-kun," he stated.

"I guess you're right," Denki sighed.

"I still haven't gotten with any babes and it's our last year of high school!" Mineta whined. Mineta had grown just a bit, but he was still the shortest in the class. Some people worried he wasn't going to grow at all.

"Aren't you and Jiro going out though?" Izuku asked as an escape and walked away while Mineta started questioning Denki  accusingly.

He made it to his room and packed his things back in his closet. He took a quick shower and changed into something to sleep in.

Once his head hit the pillows, he was passed out. The two guys down in the common room tiring him out.

~~

It was Monday morning and Ochako woke up from the sun in her face. She didn't dare open her eyes, enjoying the warm feeling on her face.

Do I actually have to get up?

She knew what was going to happen today. A confrontation between her and Izuku. She had thought all night on how to avoid the topic since she knew she wouldn't be able to avoid him.

She'd just act like everything was fine.

So she got dressed with a smile plastered on her face. She was not going to ruin this beautiful day.

The elevator ride to the ground floor was almost torturous. She drew little, stick people in her hand an ate it. Something she learned to keep calm, although it didn't seem to work.

"Good morning Uraraka-san!" Iida greeted, as usual in his energetic voice.

"Everyone, get ready as soon as you can. School will be starting soon!" he said before walking out the door.

"Isn't there still thirty minutes before class?" Ochako asked to no one.

"He ate already," Shoji answered for her. She nodded her head before saying good morning, to everyone in the room.

"Are you alright?" Asui asked and the gravity girl nodded with the biggest smile on her face.

"Of course I am!" she said a bit too cheerfully. Asui didn't believe her one bit, but knew Ochako would talk on her own time.

The girls ate breakfast while telling each other what they did over the weekend, the class buzzing early in the morning.

"Good morning," Ochako heard the familiar voice. She immediately shot out of her seat, putting her tray in the kitchen and leaving the dorms.

"She's avoiding me," Izuku sighed while Asui nodded.

"Why is she avoiding you?" Shoto said while sitting down with his breakfast.

"They had a fight," Jiro and Asui said.

"It wasn't a fight," Izuku groaned.

"She won't be able to avoid you forever. She's going to have to face her problems sooner or later," Shoto said and Izuku just put his head on the table.

"I'm betting on sooner if Izuku forces her to speak to him," Mina came out of nowhere, placing five hundred yen on the table.

"Then I'm betting later," Kirishima placed another on top of it.

"Todoroki-kun, keep this for us until the end of the day," Mina gave the money to Shoto and he just nodded, putting it in his pocket.

"Don't make bets about us," Izuku mumbled before rolling his eyes. He just wanted to talk to Ochako already. Mina might even win this bet, because he was already thinking of forcing her to speak to him.

"Don't let this drag on,"Asui advised as she finished up her breakfast, leaving Izuku with the others.

He finished off his food quickly and headed to class, determined to see her.