1

Sunday: 8:30 pm
____________

I finish ironing the last of my work uniforms and hang the racks in my closet.

I am tired from a long day of cleaning, washing, cooking, and ironing. The soles of my feet are sore from standing so long and my head feels like someone just hit me with a mortar stick.

I sigh and flop unto my bed, immediately pulling out my phone and clicking on Instagram.

I am instantly met with a colorful plate of grilled salmon, rice and peas and string beans posted on one of the food pages I follow. I'm brought back to my own Sunday meal which I had prepared not long ago. It didn't turn out three bad after all, and the slight burn gave the rice a bit of flavour...kind of like it was cooked on a wood fire.

I wasn't a chef. In fact, I barely cooked, but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Mummy was pleased too that she was able to get a hot meal when she had returned home from church.

I spend a few more minutes mindlessly scrolling through the gram, before I decide to strip out of the blue tights and white spaghetti-strapped blouse I had on and wrap the towel around my body. It makes complete sense. That way I could cool off before showering while I continue to scroll through my Instagram feed.

It is already eight-thirty and I am not yet asleep. The thought of work tomorrow makes me sigh. The only thing I hate more than going to work sometimes, was going to work on a Monday.

I can't wait to take my leave.

My phone chimes and I pull down the screen to read the notification preview.
It is a WhatsApp message from my good friend and co-worker Camille.

I click on the notification to read what it says.

*Hey, beb. Remember we're going to Pricesmart tomorrow to buy some of the things for Friday. Walk with the list, okay?*

I press reply and type a quick text. *Hey. Okay kl*

I almost forgot about that. It's a good thing that she reminded me.

Camille, Sherice and I had decided to throw a small surprise party at the office for Natalie whose birthday was coming up this Saturday. Since she will also be taking her vacation leave in order to celebrate her earth strong, we decided that Friday was the best day to throw it. Firstly, it was closer to her big day, and secondly, Fridays were dressed-down days at the office; a chance to break free of the same old uniformed look.

We had written a list of items we'd need, plus some we would need to check the prices for. I was tasked with keeping the list safe and handy.

Not wanting to forget, I roll off my bed and pull the list from under my teddy bear on the dresser and stuff it inside the small compartment of my handbag before hitting the showers.

It is now around nine forty-five and I still am not sleepy. The night is way too long and way too hot for my liking. I have the fan plugged in and placed right at the foot of my bed but it feels as if it's only blowing hot air.

I contemplated stripping naked several times but decided against it as I remember what my mom used to tell me every time about not knowing what could happen in the wee hours of the night.

I toss once more for the hundredth time and turn unto my back. My legs flail as I do so and cause the sheet to bunch between my legs.

The sensation the bulge between my legs brought forth, makes me suddenly aware of how long I haven't felt anything down there. A feeling washes over me and I groan.

Ruin On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara