16

Monday: 10 P. M.
-------------------

My phone buzzes twice as I pull into the complex.

I put the car in park before shutting off the engine and pulling the phone from my purse.

I have two messages from Deidre. I sigh before clicking on the notification.

*You left?*

*You OK?*

No not really, not after I acted a fool and got left embarrassed...

*Yea. Work 2marrow, memba* I type out; my fingers dancing over the keyboard and the sound of my nails clicking against the screen, as I go, echoing in the silence.

I still can't believe what happened.

I feel so stupid!

If it weren't for that girl showing up, God knows what would've happened.

It was like I had no damn control over my own fucking body. All I could think about was him. The way I felt connected to the music: my body on his, my hands massaging his tight muscles, the way he stared at my lips; the feel of his bulge between my legs.

In that one moment, I was willing and ready to risk it all.

Until that girl interrupted us. Something I wasn't sure how I felt about at the time.

But who was that girl though?

She obviously wasn't Jessica. I distinctly remember her from the pics on Instagram. Jessica was taller, leaner, fairer...prettier.

So...

Another one of his side pieces?

The knot in my stomach tightens at the thought.

For some reason I thought he was different.

Well what did you expect? Especially from a man who has a woman yet still led you on...

Niggas really ain't shit!

Gyal, you a get off or wha? Why are you in your feelings over this man? Smaddy else man at that!

*Oh, OK. Kl.* her next message reads.

*I'm finna leave shortly. Even though Damien insists I stay a bit longer. But you know your girl can't be trusted in these streets. 😉* Deidre replies after a few seconds.

I shake my head and roll my eyes but couldn't help the smile which spreads. I just knew she had an agenda from the moment she randomly decided to go to this club. This bitch. *Dirty gyal. * I send her.

My mood is starting to lift. Just a wee bit.

*Mama's gotta eat! 😏* she texts back immediately.

Indeed.

I'm happy for her. She deserves some attention after being single for so long. Four years? Without cocky? Knowing how much she loves big hood?

I don't think I could do it, honestly.

They fit each other though. He seems like a cool guy, just the kind to tame the wild fire that is Deidre-Ann Dacosta.

*Yuh love gunman!?* I tease, knowing damn well how she gets for men in uniform.

I couldn't...wouldn't...date a soldier in my life. They just give off this madman, cokehead, killer-on-steroids vibe.

Or is it just me?

Plus, we all know how they are when it comes on to womanizing.

Petrad seems different though.

Yea, that's what you thought about Lucas too...