8

Sunday: 8pm
-------------

"You really look stunning, tonight," Odaine says, distracting me from the worms which are currently doing somersaults in my stomach.

That is his fourth or fifth compliment since evening.

I smile for the hundredth time. "Thanks. As do you..."

I love the way he looks at me as I say so.

It has been like that since the waitress left with our orders earlier. Him saying something teasing or suggestive, me answering, and him staring at me as if he's about to eat me up right here in the restaurant.

I wasn't sure what to expect coming out tonight, after being apart for so long, but the chemistry is still there...thank God!

The whole ambience in the room is matching the vibe too. From the decor, to the music, to the aroma coming from the kitchen.

I love it here. I especially love that from where we're seated we have full view of the entire downstairs section of the room.

I inwardly smile and smooth the hem of my dress which rides a little above my thigh as I shuffle in my seat. I remember the way Odaine looked at me when he first saw me in this dress earlier.

He couldn't stop staring the entire drive here, and the words he whispered in my ear when he'd finally entered the restaurant, after struggling to find parking, made me blush. "This dress looks amazing on you..." he'd said, his voice dangerously low. "too bad it's going to be ripped to pieces later."

It was unusually bold of him to say, but I loved every minute of it.

It's the fact that I want something other than the dress ripped apart that makes the ache I feel between my legs worse.

It feels damn good to have my man back.

Being on a date with him, after so long touched me in every way; from the suttle kisses, to the laughs, to the sweet silent exchanges and the teasing implications of what's to come later.

I can hardly wait. My mind races with thoughts of all the possibilities.

A sudden commotion sounds from the door that leads out into the parking lot, and I look over to see a group of girls talking and laughing as they go through.

My eyes linger on them for a while and in doing so, I swear I see Lucas walking towards the exit.

Before my brain can decipher whether it is actually him, I quickly, as if on instinct, duck below the table, almost knocking over the glass of water as I do.

The hell!

"Are you okay?" I hear Odaine whisper, I'm assuming in order to not cause a scene.

Shit!

I slowly raise my head and peep over at him.

He wears a look of confusion and worry.

I straighten immediately and clear my throat to rid the awkwardness between us.

My eyes fleet quickly to the door, but there's no sight of Lucas anywhere. He couldn't have disappeared so fast.

I must be imagining things.

"Babe, are you okay?" Odaine asks again.

I take a quick sip of the water in front of me. "Yes, babe, I'm good."

I smile.

He smiles back, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. He looks like he's still in shock.

My face heats up.

Could this be any more embarrassing?

"If you want--"

I need to go to the bathroom...

"Hey, boo, um...excuse me, but I'm going to run to the restroom and back real quickly okay?"

"But the food will be out soon..." he says still regarding me...skeptically?

"It's not like I'm not coming back," I say, not understanding the reason for that look. "Just protect it for me, I'll be back."

I get up and place a small peck on his lips before turning on my heels and practically running across the room.

I count my steps, trying as best not to fall on the slippery checkered tiles.

Within minutes I round the corner, between the lounge area, where I guess was set up for people to take pics or chill, and the entryway between the men's and ladies' restroom.

As I was about to push open the door, a shadow catches my attention and I turn around swiftly; my heart reaching my throat.

"Why does it look like you're following me?" someone says as a figure steps out from behind the column.

"I wasn—" I try to clarify, but before I could even finish my sentence, I feel as he backs me against a wall and pins my body under his.

"Shhh..." he says as he places his pointer finger on my lips and effectively seals them shut. "Do you even know how dangerous this position is right now?"

His voice is low and husky, almost as if he is whispering through his teeth. His breath fans my ear as he speaks and hints of mint and...Magnum?

A shiver runs down my spine, but something else runs between my legs.

Oh God!

He's so close to my face.

So fucking close.

I could just run my fingers through his beard.

I didn't even realize I'd attempted to act on that thought until I feel him grasp me by the hand and yank me even closer to his body.

That cologne.

My body presses closer to his firm chest, and my mouth opens in a silent gasp at the suddenness of the action.

I can feel him.

I can smell him.

I can hear his heart beating against my ear. Or is that mine?

I can hardly tell.

I'm lost in his eyes...which seem to burn deep into my soul. Assessing all my dirty deeds.

His eyes.

Oh, his eyes. They hold so much yet so little at the same time. I knew his eyes were a deep brown, but under the glare of the lights, it looks more walnut to me. Almost unnatural.

He stares at my mouth for the longest while and I could swear I saw him bite his lips, if ever so slightly.

Those lips.

Oh how I wish I could feel them on mine. So plump, so red, so...fucking kissable.

I look away. It's too intense.

He puts his other arm at the side of my head in order to restrain any further movements. "Don't you dare..." he growls and dips his head lower until it rests at the nape of my neck. "Why are you so fucking sexy? It's driving me crazy!"

I can't breathe.