67

LUCAS P. O. V
________________
Saturday : 12:25 P. M.
---------------------

"You hungry?" The sound of my sister's voice greets my ears as I close the door behind me. I look at where she's sitting with Liv, around the kitchen island. "We made lemonade to drink with the pizza, because I'm trying to limit my soda intake. Want some?"

"Nah," I say, shaking my head.

I'm not in the mood.

Gabby shrugs and takes a bite of her food, before her eyes land on the bag in my hand. "What's in the bag, Mr. Miserable?"

Fass yuh fuck.

"Yuh family dem." I walk past them, pulling the big bag behind me.

It heavy yuh fuck.

Like a the whole a St. Mary Ms. Queenie pack in deh, Jah Jah.

Gabby's brows furrow as she swivels on the chair to face me. I stop to take her in. The look on her face is laughable. "What?"

Don't say it, Drankcro...

"Ground provisions," I say, regardless, fighting hard to keep a straight face.

Liv, on the other hand, screams out in laughter.

I shake my head and walk over to the counter, before emptying the bag of produce into the sink.

"Luke, yuh teribble eno, yute!" Liv says between catching her breath and laughing.

This makes Gabby go pink. She had always worn her emotions on her face.

It reminds me of someone.

Someone I don't want to be thinking about.

I chuckle and avert my gaze.

"Yuh don't change don't it?" she says, then hisses her teeth, which makes me look up to see her roll her eyes.

I'm amused every time she tries to speak in patois.

Unlike me, it doesn't suit her.

"Change?" I ask, deciding to milk it for the better. "Weh change a go?"

Liv shakes her head, despite the smile on her face, but Gabby scoffs, throwing a piece of pizza crust at mi.

Yawh go sweep up that fuck.

"Yuh fi change your dirty style, big head boy," she continues to say.

"N'ave nuh change a change, a so mi grow, a so mi grow!" I start to sing the familiar tune as I turn the tap on to rinse the excess dirt from the food in the sink before me. Then, I point at her. "Yo, foreigner, ask the tourist board..."

I whistle the rest since I've already fucked up the lyrics.

"Liv, do you see how he treats me?" she asks her friend who, unlike her, seems to find the whole exchange pretty fucking amusing.

Think man a poppy show, don't?

Olivia holds her hands up in mock surrender. "Puss nuh get involved inna dog fight."

My eyes snap to her and I frown. "Oi! Who yawh call dog?"

Watch yuh mouth, Man!

"See!" Gabby squeals. "He's bipolar as fuck!"

I stare at her blankly. "Easy yuhself, Man."

My mood has gotten sour again.

"How yuh so grumpy today?" She turns to Liv who's now focused on separating the pizza slices on her side of the box. "From last night eno! Told him I land at 8...almost one seal hour past before the man showed up, you know? Then a brood like mi trouble him."