50

Friday: 10 A. M.
-----------------------

The sound of footsteps wake me from a deep, comfortable sleep.

"Are you going somewhere?" I ask, as I watch the man, moving about, in front of me.

My eyes follow Lucas across the room, where he picks up a bag from the closet --one I didn't even realize was there, all this time-- and returns to the foot of the bed.

My gaze stays on him, as he continues to walk around the room; picking up bits and pieces of clothing and stuffing them into the medium-sized black travelling bag.

I smile, as I watch the repeated flex of his ripped muscles, which makes his tattoos--placed on display due to the absence of a shirt-- seem to come alive.

In his gruff morning voice, which never fails to make me swoon, he says, "I have a meeting in Mobay this weekend."

My smile drops. "So, you'll be gone the whole weekend?"

Seriously?

Him going away means I'll have to go home...today.

And to think I was just getting comfortable.

Damn.

I don't know why, but that makes me feel a tad bit disappointed.

OK, maybe a lot disappointed.

But, who's keeping record, anyways?

So wait, yuh never plan fi go a yuh yard, miss girl?

...No.

Not yet, at least.

I wonder why?

I don't even know why.

Maybe it's because I love spending time with him, and was honestly anticipating spending some more time together?

That could be it.

After all, he's such good company.

It feels different when I'm with him.

Especially now that we're officially together.

Plus, country is boring as fuck.

And you're going to miss him. You forgot that part.

That's true.

Then there's the sex...

That too--

"We will be gone the whole weekend," he corrects my statement, without pausing from packing his luggage.

I sit up in bed and gawk at him. "What?"

"You're coming with me," he repeats in that same 'this is final' tone.

I snort, but the blush still creeps into my cheeks. "Yuh love ramp, sir?"

He finally turns to face me. "Do you have other plans?"

Shaking my head, both as a gesture of my disagreement and to wake myself up, I say, "No."

He quirks a brow. "Do you want to come with me?"

Of course she does!

Yuh not even affi ask that...

My heart does a back flip in my chest.

The thought of going all the way to Mobay, to spend the weekend in a hotel, with this man, is thrilling. I must admit.

Staying with him, at his place, is one thing. But going out of town, for the first time, with him is another entirely different thing.