30

Wednesday: 7:45 P. M.
---------------------

*Which pool party you a talk bout miss!?* I send to Deidre as soon as I step through the door.

Using my foot, I close the door behind me since I'm busy trying to balance my phone, water bottle, and keys in one hand while the other is burdened with my purse and the bag with the food I'd bought earlier.

Placing the keys on the console in the hall, I then kick off my shoes before heading further down the hall.

Thank you Father for bringing me home safely.

I'm tired, my head hurts and I can feel the sleep starting to burn my eyes. My body is literally exhausted. And to think tomorrow is only Thursday.

Ugh!

The coolness streaming out of the AC in the living room instantly caresses my skin, for which I'm thankful as today was hot as hell.

The days are usually like this as it's coming down to June, but, gosh! the heat today hit different.

While life in the city is great and convenient and all, the only thing I'll never miss is the Kingston heat. When town gets hot, it's like a living furnace.

Merciful saviour!

Thank God for country life.

Although it's not that different here now. It's already nighttime, and I can still feel the heat. When yuh see country hot suh too yuh muss know. I can tell this summer is going to be crazy hot.

That reminds me, I need to get my car's air conditioning tuned.

"Evening," I tell mummy and daddy who are cuddled in the living room watching replays of the news on YouTube.

"Yuh come," mummy answers, peering over daddy's shoulder at me at the sound of my voice.

"Yea, unuh eat already?" I ask, walking past them and placing the bags with the food I bought on the table in the kitchen. "'Cause I brought food."

At that, mummy sits up. "Food? Wah kinda food?"

Daddy sits up too at the mention of food.

Too bad it's not KFC. What a man fi crazy 'bout Kentucky.

"It's the same Chinese food I bought for you the last time," I tell her as I turn and open the fridge.

My throat is so parched it's starting to scratch me.

"Chinese food? The orange meat?" Mummy asks, instead of looking for herself.

"Tha red-red, sweetie-sweetie sum'n deh yuh buy last time?" Daddy adds.

I roll my eyes and open the bottle of water before bringing it to my head and taking a huge gulp.

My head is pounding like crazy. It's as if the gas has gone up in there.

Shit.

"Strawberry chicken...and no. I know you don't like that so why would I buy it again?"

These people...cho!

Before them just say thanks for the likkle food, them a badger mi...

"It smell like curry? A curry?" Mummy says again, feeling around the bag.

"Mummy man!" I yell. "Just look nuh!"

"Which one a mine!?" she matches my tone.

"The bag with the two food inside."