94

LUCAS P.O.V.
___________________
Sunday: 2:45 A.M.
-----------------------------

When I enter the bedroom, about thirty minutes later, Amanda is lying on the bed with her back turned to the door.

The room is engulfed in darkness, and she's wrapped from head to toe underneath a blanket, but the brightness, reflecting through the sheet, from her phone's light lets me know she isn't sleeping.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes——mi not even know a when mi dose weh same place weh mi siddung inna the living room—— I feel for the light switch next to the door, switching it on.

Amanda doesn't even stir when the door closes, neither does she acknowledge my presence.

Chuckling under my breath, I shake my head and walk over to her dresser.

Unbuckling the watch from my left hand and the bracelet from my right hand, I place them to rest atop the dresser, keeping my eyes on her mummified figure through the mirror.

"Babes..."

No answer.

"Amanda?"

Still no answer.

Jah Jah.

"Miss Smikle...?"

She still doesn't answer, and I chuckle dryly, moving across the room.

"Baby girl...yuh nawh answer?"

"Wah mi do?" I add, now standing at the foot of the bed, watching her with narrowed eyes.

When she still doesn't acknowledge me, I hiss my teeth.

Jah know?

"Oi deh!" I say a bit more firmly, dragging the blanket off of her head.

Hissing her teeth, she turns to face the other direction.

I sigh, grinding my teeth. "Amanda, stop the fuckry. A vex yuh really lay dung desso a say yuh vex?"

Fi wah?

Mi do her sum'n fi she vex fa?

Other than say mi nawh fuck her...?

Then a so woman carry cocky feelings, bredda?

Think them say them nuh beg fuck...

Guess my woman never get the memo.

"Baby girl," I say a bit more subtly, moving to the head of the bed and leaning over her. "Yuh vex wid mi? A Such Man eno..."

...hear the man, Dawg!

She turns her head but keeps her eyes buried on whatever the fuck she's watching on her phone, must some Tiktok video or some shit, but I see the faint outline of a smile grace her lips before it's gone.

Hmm.

Woman determine yuh fuck.

"Talk to mi nuh."

Mi really nuh know why mi a beg, Dawg, but mi kinda feel like a my fault mek she inna her feelings.

Then again, all if ano mi wrong, a mi ago get the blame.

"What is your problem, Lucas Xavier Senior?"

Bloodclaat.

Full government eno, yute!

Wid emphasis, bold, underline, and properly punctuated.

Jah Jah.

Bringing my face so close to hers, as if I'm about to kiss her, I'm surprised when she doesn't turn away. "Yuh vex wid mi, B?"