14

Monday: 8 P. M.
------—-—--

*Let me know when you drive out * a text from Deidre says.

I swipe to reply, *Yea. About to.*

I place the phone on the ottoman beside me and reach for my heels. They are these stunning orange strap-up ones that will certainly add a pop of colour to my all-black outfit.

Nice...

After strapping up my heels, I make sure to put a extra pair of slippers in my bag for when my feet start to hurt; which I know will happen.

I stand and look at myself in the full-length mirror.

I decide to keep my outfit simple; a short leather skirt, with matching black top. The blouse's material is thin enough to keep me cool, but the sleeves are long so I'll be kept warm at the same time. It has no buttons, just a knot at the end, so it perfectly reveals just enough cleavage to look sexy without looking like I'm trying too hard.

I might not have much, but I love showing off the little that I am blessed with.

OK. I'm about ready now. I have:

My purse...

Money...

Extra gas money. I don't want a repeat of last Friday now. Especially when such man won't be there to come to my rescue, tonight.

Phone...

Keys...both car and apartment.

What else?

Oh, my contacts...

I dig through my work bag, pulling out every single item from each compartment but...nothing. I find a case with the contacts I wore yesterday, but no solution.

Where is it?

The last time I saw it it was in my other bag that I brought with me on Friday.

That was when I went to——

Shit! I left my contact solution at Deidre's.

And she must've driven out already, so it makes no sense to call her. I'd just be putting her out of her way.

I hiss my teeth.

Then check the time. It's eight o'clock. I'll be late if I don't leave now.

But I can't see without them. I sigh.

Plan B...

It's not the best, but I have no choice.

I pull the thick-rimmed glasses from my bag and quickly clean it.

This will have to do tonight.

***

Monday: 8:30 P. M.

------------------