46

Thursday: 8:30 A. M.
___________________

What a thing if Lucas pop up pon yuh yasso?

Yuh sure him nah follow yuh?

Honestly, at the rate that he's going, I don't put it past him.

I instinctively look around.

Probably yuh shoulda text him and tell him say yuh on the road...

Find out where he is...just to be safe.

My mind flashes momentarily to the sexy bastard, and I shake my head.

He pulled a stunt on me last night that shook me to my core. I've never felt like crying over cocky so bad in my life.

I don't know what his intentions were. But if they were to make my mind rest on him all day, and be plagued with images of him sucking my life out of me, bringing me to the brink of a maddening orgasm only to get up, turn his back on me and go to bed, leaving me high and dry and shocked out of my wits, then he surely has succeeded.

I chuckle to myself, finding it funny now that I play it over in my head. It definitely wasn't funny in the moment though. He was spiteful and vindictive. And I was so upset.

My phone chimes, and I pull it out and look at the notification.

Speaking of the devil.

Lucas ❤️: Why aren't you in bed?

No good morning, good evening, nor nothing. Straight interrogation. I expect it though, since he's apparently still in his feelings from last night. That's why I left this morning bright and early——while he was still dead asleep——before he could get the chance to stop me.

ME: I'm on the road.

Since he's too polite for greetings, then so am I.

Lucas ❤️: I thought your "meeting" wasn't until noon.

1 P. M. actually.

ME: Yea, it is. But I had to run an errand first.

I hope he doesn't ask what kind of errand.

Lucas ❤️: Ah. Do yuh thing then.

You can just about hear the tone through the text.

At least he didn't ask...

I hiss my teeth under my breath.

It annoys me how he's been behaving ever since my phone call with Mrs. H. It's honestly not even that big of a deal. Him too fucking spoiled.

Rolling my eyes, I settle back in my seat and sigh, while I continue to wait on Mr. Clarke to show up. We had decided that, for the sake of convenience, we would meet up here first, but until this blessed hour he's a no-show.

I hope to God this man isn't a scammer. Or a flake.

I check my phone for any recent missed calls from him, but there's none.

The plan was that he would pick me up and take me to the viewings; all of which were within the Constant Spring - Constant Spring Road vicinity. I didn't want to go too far out in neither location nor price.

Then at the end, he would drop me back right here so I could meet up with Mrs. H.

Another text comes in, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look at the screen. It's Deidre.

Black gyal: Hey, how's the tour going?

ME: 😔 No show. Still waiting.

Black gyal: Seriously? All now!?